Howdy, has anyone swapped a Ford 9 inch single wheel axle into a Toyota Motorhome. The one thing I'm worried about is a rear tire blow-out. I'm bumping up to a 15 inch rim so I can get into an E range tire, I would have went with a 16 inch, but I do not have enough tire clearance.. 

81toyota.jpg

You got to weigh the rear of the motor home to make sure your tires can carry the weight.

A new rear driveshaft will probably be needed unless you can source an adapter to mate the Toyota driveshaft to the Ford axle.

It can be done.

Fred is being modest. Here is his up grade.

I'm able to put 16 inch tires underneath the Toyota now. Going with a 245-75/16 E range 2960lbs per tire,should work great.  Shortening and balancing driveshaft with new u-joint. It all seems to be coming together..

That's a 30" diameter tire. I'm sure you checked front to back wheel well clearance. Be sure to measure distance from the bump stop to the top of the wheel well. You don't want to damage your tires first time you bottom out.