Upgrading the Foolies

MischaT

Hey guys, 

This looks like a foolie, can anyone confirm? If so, would you be concerned about it on a rig of this size - it's a '93 hilux Galaxy which i"ve been searching for for years. Has 69k on it and an 18' camper but I'm just worried about the axle issues...

Image insert isn't working but I uploaded the imgur link here: https://imgur.com/a/SESLwIx

Any insight would be great. 

I have no idea. It does look like the foolies they put on American RV's but this vehicle was made for probably Japan. Makes me wonder why they didn't just use a Landcruiser full float axle. Same offset on the differential

Linda S

Well that seems to be more difficult than I thought. An FJ80 came with full floats back in the 90's but differential is offset to the opposite side of yours. Their both offset to passenger side but on a right hand drive vehicle it is the wrong side for US parts. I would just ditch the dually or even just ignore it. These vehicles didn't have a recall and I've never heard of one failing. No way to tell

Linda S