Okay... dare i say... 'Wood stoves?!'

Mister Blu

A little surprised to find nothing in this discussion forum concerning a woodstove in one of these little land yachts.

What?  No one hear replaced their cookstove with a little wooden cook stove?  

Found not a word of discussion on this topic.

Here is one I have been tempted by, expensive but I have seen them on ebay. A friend of mine lives on his boat year around docked in Portland Maine and that's what he heats it with. http://www.sigmarine.com/SIG-CCH.html

These are made (relatively) near to me.

https://cubicminiwoodstoves.com/

I can see the allure of a propane stove on a boat, but wood seems a bit peculiar only because how many forests are there at sea? In a MH where you're often camping in a forest, not so much of a problem! :)

I've been watching lots of videos recently about 'narrowboating' in England. 'Solid fuel' stoves are pretty much standard issue in them, burning wood and/or coal. The 'Morso Squirrel' seems to be very popular.

1412_300x300_frit_27190.jpg

https://morsoe.com/us/indoor/wood-burning-stove/shop/p1410_us

in the good ole days of the british empire, the royal navy would stockade wood along with Mead and other supplies to be burned in the ships ovens and fireplaces for long voyages. My guess is that if they ran out they would resupply from cannibalism of wooden artifacts or boat parts that were deemed unnecessary or simply took driftwood or visited the local island or shore to restock. the mead and rum barrels once empty were most likely wood also.

Edited by Totem

Why would anyone want to put a wood burning stove into a 30+ year old tinderbox?

Aside from the obvious "where to put it", you still have to find a way to safely dispose of hot ash and coals.

NFPA has several videos of how long it takes a mobile home to burn completely to the ground. Usually less than 5 minutes.

As far as the Kimberly wood stove. For 4K you could install a completely new lp furnace and still have lots of money left over.

Finally, lets not forget our good friends at the insurance company ?. How long do you think it will take to cancel your policy when they find out you have a woodstove installed? For those thinking "nondisclosure" remember most companies have underwriting guidelines that require notice of changes to the original equipment. No notice could void your policy.

I heat my house with wood but it's a good deal wider than 7' giving me plenty of room to deal with things like stacking wood, hot sparks, hot ash etc.  The stack temp with a proper burn runs around 4 to 5 hundred degrees then exits to a masonry chimney I feel fairly safe with that scenario not sure I would sleep well in an RV with a wood stove.