Need to move the motorhome across my friend's.

Hello friends, I need to move my 91 toyota motorhome across my friend's well taken lawn in a few days and park it on the grass next to his house.I live in salt lake city ,the temperature now days is going to be 50° high and 35° low with no rain fall in the next few days .  I am thinking to buy 3 plywood sheets and have them to be cut in the middle so I have six 2 by 8 feets . My question is what thickness of plywood or any other composite do I need to use? Thank you very much for the feedback. 

Best regards, Mason. 

You will likely need to go with at least 3/4"... and even then?  

Even if the plywood does not brake when rig is standing still, it very well may leave an elongated 2' wide indent in the lawn.

I would just drive slowly across the lawn. Any flattened grass will recover in no time. I used to pull my rig next to my house all the time and the only place it showed was next to the curb because of the rise. Do it before it rains. Wet ground is more susceptible to indentations

Linda S

I kept my class A behind a friends barn and when backing out there was a slight grade,  darn rear end slid right down the hill and into a soft area, sunk to the frame, no way to get a tow truck to it! I used bunch of stuff to get it out including sheets of 3/4" plywood.  This was a 30,000 lb motorhome and turned 3/4" plywood to kindling wood. A rather tedious process, moving a few hundred feet 8 feet at a time, but worked. 

I would guess that with a 6000 lb toy 1/2" plywood would be sufficient and is what I would buy if I wanted to do the same thing with mine. I would buy plywood not flake board!   Also do not plan any projects for the plywood afterward it may not hold up too well:D

Thanks guys,  I am still considering the options. What i like to know is that is it impossible to move a Toyota motorhome over a dried lawn without damaging it and once it is damaged what are the solutions to fix it?

Don't know where you are or what the soil conditions are. In Florida when it has not rained in a bit and I need room in the driveway I park my Toy on the lawn with no noticeable issues.  Of course I do not have a Better Homes and Gardens award winning lawn!    Try backing the wheels on the grass a few feet and see what happens, if it sinks or leaves a depression you will only have a small area to repair, it will not hurt the grass itself.   I would not drive over a septic tank if there is one. 

3 hours ago, jjrbus said:

Don't know where you are or what the soil conditions are. In Florida when it has not rained in a bit and I need room in the driveway I park my Toy on the lawn with no noticeable issues.  Of course I do not have a Better Homes and Gardens award winning lawn!    Try backing the wheels on the grass a few feet and see what happens, if it sinks or leaves a depression you will only have a small area to repair, it will not hurt the grass itself.   I would not drive over a septic tank if there is one. 

Yes  , I plan on getting one piece of plywood (3/4") and cut it in half so that I have two pieces of 2' by 8' and and do exactly what you said and test it. If okay I buy two more sheets. If not I just move out of Utah to warmer places.

I kind of have to stick around till January.  So a frozen grass is okay to go over, that might be the best option so far, thanks.