Side View Cameras Installation

Nam

Thinking of installing side view cameras similarly to larger motorhomes.

1. Mount a screen by the rear view mirror.

2. Install left and right side view cameras.

3. Get signals from left and right turn so when turning right, the relay will switch to right side camera...same for left side...

Has anyone done this before? Any idea or tips?

The driving factor behind this is my wife wants to drive the motorhome but she claims she can't see anything. I already have a permanently on rear view camera view on the Pioneer deck. Thanks 

I made extensions for the mirrors. They moved the mirrors out about 2-2.5 inches I could see the side of the RV then.

2 hours ago, WME said:

I made extensions for the mirrors. They moved the mirrors out about 2-2.5 inches I could see the side of the RV then.

Are you talking about side view or rear view mirror? 

Side view mirrors

Clamp on tow mirrors (camco makes some cheap ones) are also a solution or part of a solution. Also motorcycle mirrors can be added in any interesting configuration needed.

But cameras dont hurt, especially since they can be mounted in pretty interesting places. I havent seen a turn signal based approach. The only display approach I can think of is the grid of cameras used by security monitors or multiple individual screens.  I suppose one could mount a screen each on the inside of each door or thereabouts to make it the same as a mirror. A bit of velcro and a removable solution in minutes.

Finally, I can think of showin two or more cameras at the same time using one of those android powered 7" rearview mirror/dashcam things they sell. Buy a few usb wired cameras (dont know if they make good ones for this application), no additional wiring needed. 

Remain interested in seeing any other solutions. I am doing a front/back wifi dashcam/security/rearview with a 6" amazon fire so far. All wifi, rear cam will likely be mounted someplace odd to avoid running wires or making new holes.

Edited by neubie

Hi Newbie...pls share your configuration when available.

WME: Existing side view mirrors can cover all the blind spits even thought for me, they are adequate. I could even see the back of the motorhome with just side view mirrors. However I will look into additional clamp on mirrors to see if my wife would be comfortable with those otherwise I am looking at various camera setups. She likes the lane watch feature on my Civic that's why.

Thanks for all the inputs so far