Donegan

I put away my Sunrader for the winter.  Luckily in the Portland, Oregon, area it doesn't get too cold during the winter months.  In addition to draining the water lines and tanks, I covered the Sunrader with a large waterproof tarp.  In the spring I would like to look for someone who could (not sure what term to use) clean and polish the fiberglass shell.  What type of company or service would I contact who could do this for me?  

How do you eat an elephant?? You take lots of small bites. How do you clean and wax a Sunrader??? You do small sections at a time.

Seriously to pay to have your Sunrader cleaned and waxed will be $$$$. To do it your self is only $. Without stressing your self it will take you a week to do it. I did a 26ft class A in 4 days

Use Barkeepers Friend to clean and polish the fiberglass and use 4-5 coats of ZEP floor wax to protect and give it the shiny look..

Search Zep here and you will find lots of help

I just started my 93 Sea Breeze with the Bartenders Friend,  I am seriously impressed with how well it cleans and will be doing a bit at a time.  Gloves seem to be a must with it as it really drys the skin out.

• 4 weeks later...

Floor wax, huh?  I have an 87 Dolphin and you can see the fibers in the fiberglass.  Coming from boat world I was thinking about brushing on a protective 2 part epoxy resin first and then matching the paint with a marine grade paint.  The key being to add some layers rather than polish them off.

Thoughts?  Harangues? Other?

• 4 weeks later...

Schooled yesterday by a boat builder who is also an old RV enthusiast.  He said you're supposed to see the fiberglass.  He said the barkeep (oaxalic acid) and Zep is just the thing.  Yippee! As I write this my flat shock absorbers are getting replaced.  Yippee too!  Still drives like a bouncy house.

I'm doing my Toy a little at a time.   I started with the aluminum over the cab and just finished the fiberglass shell around the cab.    The Barkeepers friend and Zep does a very impressive job.  This will take some time as I am really sloooow and am cleaning up old caulk and resealing before I clean and wax.   Be a couple months before I am done.  

Check out my post “The Magic of Zep” If you decide to do this you will be amazed @ the results! The hard part is completely cleaning your rig. Enjoy!

How do I find "magic of Zep?"  I stood stupidly in front of the Home Depot floor cleaner section and saw several Zep products, none of which seemed quite the thing.  Got a name for it?  Even the Zep website is confusing.  Thanks!

Hey C, you can find my “Magic of Zep” under Topics in my profile page.