FRESH WATER TANK VALVE

SCRIPAL

The fresh water tank valve on my 89 Dolphin is very difficult to turn on and off and needs to be replaced.  Is the 3/8" valve the correct size for the water line?  Any help appreciated.

If you are talking about the drain valve that has a tube sticking below the floor, Mine kept getting so hard to turn  to drain even with channel lock pliers. I unscrewed the strap that held the tank in place in front and put a wedge 2x4 (like a doorstop)  under it and raised it up enough to unscrew the drain valve. When I got it removed there were plastic slivers embedded in the drain hole like where they drilled the tank to put the fittings in. I took the inlet hose off and put a small vacuum hose down in the tank and more slivers got sucked up .  After that  I really flushed the tank out with a water hose .  (What a crock to have to do because of others [ tank builder]  neglect).  I ordered a new one from ebay, installed it and have had no problem since. Hope you solve your dismay.

Hi Al! I only use the on board pump to drain my fresh water tank. The fear of fooling around with valves that are over 25 years old and they suddenly develops a leak after you attempt to use them again isn’t far from my mind! Good Luck!