Hello all, just bought a 89 Dolphin v-6. Previous owner used shower for storage. Now I know why, it has a cracked base 9” long. Thoughts on finding a replacement?     Thanks Hambone

What is it made of plastic or fiberglass? There repair kits for both materials.

30 minutes ago, Hambone said:

Fiberglass 

IMHO, lucky you! I'd much prefer to repair fiberglass. I've patched a number of canoes and fishing boats. Easy to make strong repair, more challenging to blend it in with the original gelcoat. I've had pretty good luck spraying a repair with a rattle-can of Krylon paint formulated for plastics.

Someone recently gave me a cracked plastic canoe. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to make a strong repair. I'm willing to try though! :)

A disc grinder and a fiberglass repair kit make it watertight. The Krylon paint makes it match. The duck board hides the patch and protects the paint

Both great ideas.  I will do both.  My plumber nephew told me to spray foam under the cracked area.  Think I’ll do that too

9 hours ago, Hambone said:

Both great ideas.  I will do both.  My plumber nephew told me to spray foam under the cracked area.  Think I’ll do that too

Careful with the spray foam, in the hands of a neophyte it can make an awful mess. Tape large area around crack as it expands a lot and can spread everywhere.  I would also have a way to keep the area flat ie board with plastic under it and weighted down.  With a way for excess foam to escape. Wear gloves.

If you have never used it I would practice on something else.  Contrary to popular belief the cans can be reused, I clean mine with acetone, but there are other ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVOfoUD5MvI