Fire!

Scarlett O'Hara

Good morning,

Checking in to ask to be kept in your thoughts/prayers.  I am in area of what's currently dubbed Redwood Complex Fire.

No evacuation for me needed today, but fire is burning 33,000 acres as of this AM.  Winds erratic, fire moving unpredictably.  Moving my livestock out to coast, hours drive west of me.  Meanwhile, I am madly raking dry needles around cottage, keeping roof swept, hoses coiled for putting out floating cinders.  I've been thru over 40 yrs of fire season.  Nothing like this year.  I've had it!  Hope to survive this & get out.  Wish I already had a Toy in my driveway, ready to carry me down the road now.  Staying focused, trying to keep sense of humor! 

Wish me luck,  going to need plenty.

Scarlett

Prayers on the way and wishing you much luck.

I'm sure you have the list of fire wise things to do to your house if you have to leave. Friends in another fire down south set up a soaker hose on the roof and left it running when they evacuated. The fire didn't get into their neighbor hood so I don't really know how well it worked. Some other homes suffered roof damage from embers though.

We keep our MH locked and loaded with fuel, propane. With food and water stashed in a storage room where it wont freeze. Mostly we worry about power outages in winter, so we have a backup generator, also I have power cords to use the RV generator to power the house.. But we live on the urban/suburb fringe so summer fires are a possibility so a bug out buggy is a very good thing

Edited by WME

Prayers headed to everyone in the areas affected by these fires.

Praying for you Scarlet?, Also enjoyed conversing with you. Best, Mark