Tri-mark dead bolt lock

hunkaman

My 92 Winnie Warrior, has two keyed locks on coach door. the dead bolt lock is above the passage door lock. when I bought rig from PO , there was no key for the dead bolt door lock. not really a big deal to me since it can be locked from the inside handle. but, thought it would be nice to have a key to lock and unlock from outside. soooo, I took it off the door yesterday and found that the manufacturer is "Tri-mark", and after a google search, found they are still in business, and offer key blanks for older locks. they have specific model numbers to identify the older locks for matching specific key blanks. I could not find a model number on the lock assembly anywhere. does anyone in our vast pool of info/knowledge of all things Toy MH, know where to locate or find a model number for this dead bolt lock? once I have the model number I can get a key blank. all help is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance. joe from dover.

Highly unlikely anyone here has the same Trimark lock. Don't think any Toyota motorhomes came with a dead bolt lock so that means at some time it was added by the current owner. Maybe a picture would help in case someone else has a similar lock added to theirs.

Linda S

I’d just buy a new deadbolt like Derek suggested. Way cheaper than a locksmith Joe.

1 hour ago, linda s said:

Highly unlikely anyone here has the same Trimark lock. Don't think any Toyota motorhomes came with a dead bolt lock so that means at some time it was added by the current owner. Maybe a picture would help in case someone else has a similar lock added to theirs.

Linda S

It appears that all the 90's National's had a factory dead bolt, at least the Dolphin and Sea Breeze models.  On my 94 Sea Breeze it is not RV specific, a normal dead bolt same as the home type available from the big box stores. 

a little more info......here in dover, we do have a REAL locksmith. 3rd generation family business. I have been a customer for 30yrs. I previously owned rental properties and often was at dean's for keys, locksets, etc. went to dean's yesterday and he assured me he could produce a key, if he had a blank, which he did not have at his shop, that is why I searched, and found blanks at TRI-MARK'S web site. can not definitively state that the dead bolt I have was original to the motorhome, but it appears to be. I have installed scores of locksets and dead bolts for residential doors and this unit is definitely not a residential unit. I suppose my best bet is to just order the blanks on tri-marks site and hope for the best. as far as cost, the blanks are less than $5.00, and if I have the blank dean will make the key for another $5.00. once he has a master to duplicate he charges $1.00 to cut additional keys. thanks for replies. joe from dover

even more info. found the exact blank key match. from guess who, "WINNEBAGO INDUSTRIES", Winnebago part number  101145-01-700. tir-mark still makes the same deadbolt assembly, and Winnebago still uses them. the current version is tri-mark dead bolt assembly part number 11840-02. cost $72.25 plus about $5.00 shipping. the cost for three blank keys is $10.50, plus $5.00 shipping. I bought 3 blanks just in case dean would need more than one to create the new master key. thanks to all. joe from dover.

Most Motorhome door locks are easily compromised....  3 or 4 pin lock's.   If you are looking for BETTER security..  I would suggest a  MEDECO deadbolt or ABLOY.. these are  both good lock's

Costly, but worth every penny.    donnie

I have same lock - got a duplicate cut years ago, think it was at Ace Hardware.  Blank was made in taiwan - HY-KO, CO106.   Cost about a buck.  Does not have large offset as the unique looking trimark

here is a link to a cross reference:  http://hykokeys.com/uploads/files/key_cross_reference.pdf

Edited by DanAatTheCape