RV Toilet Replacement/Repair

Nam

For the past 6 years, I have noticed the toilet in my 1990 Itasca Spirit does not hold water for too long. Once holding water drains out, odor escapes. Here are my questions:

1. The existing toilet is Thetford Aqua Magic IV. It's in decent shape and working with the exception of not holding water for more than a day. Repairs can be made with High and Low Blade Seal (Thetford P/N 33027) for $13 and Closet Bolt Package (Thetford P/N 12524) for $14, the reason for the closet bolt package is that the toilet needs to be removed to replace the seal and reinstalled. Is this a worth while repair for $30 in part and 1/2 day of labor?

2. Or a new toilet like Thetford Aqua Magic V that comes with everything ready to be installed. Does the V fit on the IV? what about the Domectic 300 series for about the same price? Does the Domectic 300 series fit on the existing opening? The new toilet runs for about $104 shipped

3. Is parchment color is off white/almond color?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nam

Only my opinion, if I had an RV toilet that was 2 years old and needed repair, I would do it.  Even thought it is only a rubber seal that needs replacing repairing 20 year old plastic is a waste of time to me.  I have not seen a lot of RV toilets but all the ones I have seen are universal mounts. 

The Dometic 310 series have a ceramic liner that is a LOT easier to clean. They have a standard 2 bolt mount.

I agree with jjr. It's more like 27 years old...approaching 30 as I am not sure when it was made. New one will be better and saves me time for other more fun projects. Now the question is white vs parchment and hand flush vs foot flush...

Dometic 310 costs twice as much and I don't use it that much to justify the cost plus it weight a little more. I sprayed the existing toilet with never wet coating and it seems to work okay for me. 

Thanks all for your responses