Furnace help

John Drury

Even if the gas valve is off or stuck, the blower should come on when the thermostat triggers.

So check your fuses.

Is your propane tank valve open? Your heater in a 89 warrior is direct ignition. I see to remember the on off switch for the thermostat is inside the case. pop it open and see if it's there. If thermostat is set to on and you have power in your battery or it's plugged in to shore power your fan should come on even if it doesn't light. If no fan fuses are the next check. If you can get the fan to run turn temp off and light stove for a few moments to get propane into the system. Then turn temp up again. You will hear the fan run for a short while and then you can hear the furnace ignite. Sufficient power is a must or the fan won't run fast enough for the sail switch to let the ignition happen.

Linda S

Ok great advice. The switch is on the thermostat and I have turned that on and turned temp up and still get nothing. I think fuse sounds like a good possibility. Should there be a gas valve on this furnace because I have looked and not been able to find one. Yes, the propane tank is on. 

Even with no lp the the furnace motor should kick on to purge the fire box. First thing to do is make sure you have 12V power to the furnace. Next, remove the cover from the wall thermostat and bridge the two contact terminals with a jumper wire. This will bypass the thermostat. If the blower motor starts running, the thermostat is bad. If still no motor, the hydroflame motors have a 5V circuit breaker . Look for a small button (inside the furnace, usually black) with the #5 on the face. Make sure this not extended. If yes, push it back in to reset. Finally, it could be the circuit board.

Keep us updated on your results.

Ok the fuse seems ok, I changed it out and still nothing. I took the cover off of the thermostat and I have to admit I'm probably not the handiest so bridging the two contact terminals with a jumper wire is not something I know how to do without more guidance.  

4 hours ago, John Drury said:

Ok the fuse seems ok, I changed it out and still nothing. I took the cover off of the thermostat and I have to admit I'm probably not the handiest so bridging the two contact terminals with a jumper wire is not something I know how to do without more guidance.  

Just because the fuse is good doesn't mean there isn't a break in the wire, or a bad ground to the furnace. Find the 12V power terminals in the furnace and test for power there. A 12V test light will work but a digital volt meter will be more accurate.

As far as the thermostat goes, just join the two terminals together with a short piece of wire. It's low voltage, so no shock danger. You should hear a noticeable click if the thermostat is working correctly.

If there is no fan, no power to the furnace,t stat toes up or fan motor or possible control board. The fan has to run first before anything else can happen.

John    From your photo, check out the oblong opening top right, is there not a press button switch inside of there?  there is inside of mine, it could be a restart for the furnace? if ours wont start I press that and the furnace fires up right away.       Mike   ( I'll try and get a photo of it later)

Same issue here.  I found the gas valve.  It was on.  No blower no matter what I do.  I can't find a black switch anywhere on the furnace.  The 15fuse is fine.  I'm really curious if this is a DIY or if I need to take it in.  

6 hours ago, mission mike said:

This is the switch on mine that I use if our furnace will not start.

It is in the oblong opening top right of John's photo

P1110713 (2).JPG

I have that switch but I can't push it in because the top of the button is below the housing, if that makes any sense.