Sign in to follow this  
gringostar

Refrigerator died. I'd like to get rid of dorm refrigerator?

Hello, 

I bought my 1986 Mini-Cruiser about a year and a half ago.  It came with solar panels, an inverter, and a 115 v dorm refrigerator.  The solar will only power the refrigerator in the day time.  Obviously, the original refrigerator died and they replaced it with a dorm refrigerator.  I really don't want to spend $500-$1000 for a new 3 way refrigerator.  If I want just the 3 way refrigerator, it looks like It'll cost me $500 and if I want a freezer too, it'll cost me $820.00  Any other options?  Thank you!!  

I bought a decent 2 way fridge off Craigslist for $225, it is the larger one with separate freezer.  Of course it is used and always a gamble with used things.  I see no reason to buy a 3 way fridge.    Used ones seem to come up for sale fairly often and may be found in RV salvage yards. 

4 minutes ago, jjrbus said:

I bought a decent 2 way fridge off Craigslist for $225, it is the larger one with separate freezer.  Of course it is used and always a gamble with used things.  I see no reason to buy a 3 way fridge.    Used ones seem to come up for sale fairly often and may be found in RV salvage yards. 

Yeah. I just looked on CL.  The cheapest is $500 with no guarantee

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/rvs/d/dometic-rm2351-lp-and-110/6304809795.html

There are some $1000 ones too: 

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/app/d/rv-refrigerator-dometic-ndaway/6296915594.html

I just hate Craigslist.  So many liars.  I prefer Ebay.  Even Ebay/Paypal give you 60 day guarantee.  

49 minutes ago, linda s said:

Yes getting a deal takes time. Doesn't mean they aren't out there. This one might be gone and it's a bit of a drive but

https://ventura.craigslist.org/for/d/rv-dometic-refrigerator/6253299916.html

I would so rather buy one I can see and check to make sure it works than one that had to be shipped a long way.

Linda S

Thank you.  I'll check it out.  Does it matter there is no freezer?  Does anyone have a freezer on here?

2 hours ago, gringostar said:

Thank you.  I'll check it out.  Does it matter there is no freezer?  Does anyone have a freezer on here?

That refrigerator has a freezer. See door inside at the top. Same  as mine and I have Hagen das bars in mine right now. Yumm. Just noticed shelves are missing. They can be replaced.

Linda S

If it works for $100 that is a buy and I would drive a long ways to get it.  The door gaskets seem to go bad on them and are in the $100 plus range. 

2 hours ago, jjrbus said:

If it works for $100 that is a buy and I would drive a long ways to get it.  The door gaskets seem to go bad on them and are in the $100 plus range. 

It's sold!!