should be no problem to get one.   They are common parts. Have you checked Rockauto,com/ Autozone.com etc etc?

BTW, what makes you sure you meed a cold start injector? They are just an injector - and injectors are tough parts. If you have it out, it is easy to test it yourself.

I would test that injector myself - a 9v battery, a can of spray carb cleaner and plastic tubing is all that is needed.

As for replacing it, I would think any injector that will fit the hole might work - all it does is add a little fuel upon cold start up.

There are numerous utube videos on how to clean / test injectors....

On 9/17/2017 at 6:43 PM, DanAatTheCape said:

I would test that injector myself - a 9v battery, a can of spray carb cleaner and plastic tubing is all that is needed.

As for replacing it, I would think any injector that will fit the hole might work - all it does is add a little fuel upon cold start up.

There are numerous utube videos on how to clean / test injectors....

That's pretty much correct it only squirts on a crank signal and it's full tilt. The tip length may have some effect but doubtful. You would need one that  accept the screw in fitting. My guess because they were designed for the application makes them expensive very low useage unlike a engine injector. Yes a battery will open the injector that would be a good time to inject a bit of compressed air to the fitting. Conversely you can remove it leave the flex line on and have a friend crank the engine and see exactly what it does it should produce a mist not a squirt no smoking! If nothing happens then you have a delama is there no signal or it the injector toes up? You should be able to feel a "click" when voltage is applied.

the injectors on my 6 cylinder squirt a stream.  It does not squirt directly into the cylinder, neither does the cold start. yes, a 9v battery will make it click.  using a hypodermic syringe (without the needle) full of carb cleaner, you can see the stream it produces. It will confirm that it is somewhat functional. 

have you put a multimeter on the leads to your cold start injector to see if it is getting a command to operate?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

up date on this topic seems to be no problem  getting these new napa auto parts            has a bunch . but there site calls them cold starting valves. about 100 dollors                   as far as I no these are new. I just bought the plug in for the 22re . and wired it to a old time starter butten. this is on my 88 4wd xtra cab. as far as I can tell my cold start c.ercuit has died no power to the injecter . will  use it as a primer butten so far is starting up now at 20 degrees.near impossible to start below 40 deg before . wired direct to a line fuse to the battery .

Edited by 5Toyota
edt

2 hours ago, 5Toyota said:

up date on this topic seems to be no problem  getting these new napa auto parts            has a bunch . but there site calls them cold starting valves. about 100 dollors                   as far as I no these are new. I just bought the plug in for the 22re . and wired it to a old time starter butten. this is on my 88 4wd xtra cab. as far as I can tell my cold start c.ercuit has died no power to the injecter . will  use it as a primer butten so far is starting up now at 20 degrees.near impossible to start below 40 deg before . wired direct to a line fuse to the battery .

I can find no such part at Napa online. Only wiring for the valve for about 15 bucks.

Linda S

saw them on the site for the  Yakima napa but took me a while to find them will try to get a part number update part no is CRB 218827 price is 162.99 had to switich to not fitted universal fit                            on there site looks same as both of my 22res

Edited by 5Toyota