1984 Nissan Chassis Sunrader Electrical Schematics

NissanSunrader1984

Does anyone have a wiring schematic on the 1984 or likely similar build Sunrader. Mine is the Nissan Chassis all original. Thanks. Please feel free to chime in. I am a new Sunrader Owner who is doing a complete restore / built / remodel...thanks for any advice help suggestions...Safe Travels...from SC  

Thanks Derek, I will check it out right away. I appreciate that. The 25 amp inverter / charger system through me off a bit. And apparently someone thought they would just add a wire or two...and run it through a wall..no markings no labels...Oh well. Thanks friend. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2017 at 9:13 AM, NissanSunrader1984 said:

Does anyone have a wiring schematic on the 1984 or likely similar build Sunrader. Mine is the Nissan Chassis all original. Thanks. Please feel free to chime in. I am a new Sunrader Owner who is doing a complete restore / built / remodel...thanks for any advice help suggestions...Safe Travels...from SC  

DITTO... or soon to be!

The original converter/charger maybe 25 amps but it will not charge the battery at 25 amps more like 3 and it is poorly regulated meaning it can not be left plugged in indefinitely or you will boil the water out of the battery. 

Thanks Maineah . You are 100% correct,.There's no way to know for sure when or for how long. But the 35AH battery that was in it...was already swollen as well as the battery compartment bottom deck seriously damaged from acid ...Almost all the way through. I plan to change out the original battery box and replace it with a slight larger one....and replace to original onboard electrical system ( charger / inverter ) which to my surprise isn't very expensive to do.. I'll try to incorporate the best fix to a future solar / battery bank setup during the upgrade (s). I still haven't located a decent wiring diagram of the system ( front to rear )... I am not sure one existed. I'm not an electrician by anyone ones stretch of the imagination. It looks fairly straight forward and simple...I just need to sit down and walk through the entire system and write it all down..Example I have a 110 walk socket  that is mounted near the steps as you enter the coach..it's the normal location for ...most of the Sunraders...it is one of two...it doesn't have power to it...Not sure why..the other is located at the rear of the refrigerator compartment it can be accessed ( normally ) through the exterior dometic outside door...panel. I removed the fridge and at the moment I've turned that entire section into an entertainment component cabinet. I don't plan to put another RV fridge in the unit. I plan to go with a 12VDC Dometic dual zone and just keep it slid out of the way when not needed.. Anyway.. Thanks If anyone has any info or suggestions...please feel free to join in. Thanks All Have a great Holiday..Season  2017 - 2018 

Not meant to scare you but the number one killer of RV's is electrical fires! Saying that do not skimp on fused circuits people have a tendency to think because it won't shock you it's safe stuff but the lower the voltage the greater the current needed to make things work it means heavier wires and really good connections. Using a modern converter/charger actually makes your job a good deal easier to integrate stuff like solar and simplifies general wiring. Finding a wiring diagram probably will not happen there are several generic diagrams out there and that usually is all you need is a basic ideal how it all fits together. I probably could write a book on how to rewire a camper so there is not enough space here so feel free to ask questions, there are a few others that also have been there and will be glad to chime in.

• 1 month later...

Hello and Merry Christmas All...thanks for the input the advise and the leg up...to everyone. I still haven't gotten my wiring issues all addressed but I will keep you all posted as to how and what I end up doing...I have taken tons of photos and made notes and videos so..soon I will start to post them...for others to see what and how I did what I did... Thanks again... and I am still interested in a copy or an actual owners manual...1984 Sunrader Nissan Datsun 720 Z24 engine 6 bolt floating rear... 180RD ( 18 footer ) shorty. Thanks...Happy New year !