Does this tranny pan exist? A43D/Who do you go through for parts?

Purchased 1986.5 Toyota Conquest (22re, Automatic, A43D transmission). Last owner completely resealed the motor because it had some leaks, also the AC compressor didn't work, so while resealing the motor, they just took out the AC compressor, taking the AC line hose and corking it. 

Well, somehow they switched the tranny cooling line and the AC line, so we start on our journey from Salem, OR to Tacoma, WA and about 50mi in our tranny starts billowing smoke. Long story short (and about 8hours later), we burned up our transmission, found out why, and began the search for a used/rebuild etc. 

Couldn't locate what we needed, so eventually ended up dropping $1800 through autozone (yeah, we know..). They outsourced through All Transmission in Arizona. They took the tranny code (A43D) and our VIN, but still sent us the wrong one. We NOW know there are a variety of A43D transmission set ups. 

We now have the correct transmission (we believe!) but the only thing incorrect is the tranny pan. Autozone has been trying to locate the correct tranny pan for us, without success. What we need is the 14 bolt, rectangular transmission fluid pan WITH THE DIPSTICK ON THE PASSENGER SIDE. The one we currently have has the dipstick on the drivers side.

We may be able to whitesmith it into place, but at the end of the day we are not going to get a correct reading of how much fluid is in there, and we're preparing for a cross-country trip and really don't want to burn up our tranny due to lack of oil/too much oil, etc.

Autozone has given us the green light to do some independent searching and send them the bill, but there's so many scam artists/terrible company's out there and shifty websites.

Can anyone from this community point us in the right direction? Who do you go through for your parts?

20369787_10212774983824928_9206495514930769185_o.jpg

Did you get any manuals with the conquest? Willing to share documentation?

Now on the other part, wait a few weeks or ask on facebook toyota motorhome group. Many toyotahomes have met and regretted harvey and irma there. Parts are bound to be easy to get by in the coming weeks, not that it is a good thing.

Still have access to your old trannie, a pan swap should be easy

Here's the part number from Toyota. It's still available. Buying it at the dealer will cost a little more than this but I just use these guys for information. I don't think I would try buying from them. They do use accurate Toyota computer info though so your local dealer should be able to get you one. I would be more concerned that the driver side dip stick trannie has the bolts in different places. Hope not

Linda S

https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/oem/toyota~pan~sub~assy~automatic~transmission~oil~35106-30050.html?Make=Toyota&Model=Pickup&Year=1987&Submodel=&Filter=(d=USA;1=22REC;3=T1;5=ATM;6=4HC;7=RCB;9=HVY;10=WT;12=EFI;13=IV

There are apparently 2 different pans that come up. Use your vin to make sure you have the right one or PM me with it and I will check it for you. Just click on the big L and you can see how to message me