redskinman

Houston flood took my toyhome

HEY THERE, first of all, you and all Texan's are in my prayers, sorry for your loss, MH, and otherwise. I have a past connection to Houston , I lived there in the mid to late seventies. as to your toy, I hate to think of a toy going to a bone yard. maybe someone will buy it and have the time, knowledge and resources to keep it alive and on the road. I do understand that in the scope of things, for you, other priorities, come first.  GOD bless, and good luck in the future. joe from dover.

On 9/15/2017 at 7:16 AM, hunkaman said:

HEY THERE, first of all, you and all Texan's are in my prayers, sorry for your loss, MH, and otherwise. I have a past connection to Houston , I lived there in the mid to late seventies. as to your toy, I hate to think of a toy going to a bone yard. maybe someone will buy it and have the time, knowledge and resources to keep it alive and on the road. I do understand that in the scope of things, for you, other priorities, come first.  GOD bless, and good luck in the future. joe from dover.

Thanks Joe

Finally settled the claim today,insurance company ended up raising the settlement offer after i sent them receipt for tires,picked up check today for 10300 but I'm pretty sure they screwed up and didnt take the 500 deductible off that check,I'm sure they will be wanting me to pay that back but I'm not complaining,I'm satisfied with the 9800.

I did find out what salvage yard they are supposed to tow it too,they havent picked it up yet,I will call them in a couple days and see what the process is if they are going to auction it or what.

I did find out the salvage yard, but being a private bidder I couldn’t bid on it anyway And they had so many cars on their website to try and sift through to find it it would  take forever.

I have been searching craigslist and RV trader and all those places  for another Toyota motorhome could not find one that I liked. I did not want to go with the one with another six cylinder, it was too hard to work on. And none with the four cylinders were coming up for sale around here that were worth a crud.

I ended up buying this Chevy motorhome a couple days ago. So far on it everything words, including built-in Onan generator. 

It was priced to sell because the guy said he is a BP engineer I am moving to another country in 2 weeks for work( Some Country near the Soviet union I’ve never heard of )

It has the 7.4 Vortec in it.Paid 6000

902BDD4B-8380-49E6-9C7A-B7024AB74974.jpeg

F650AD4E-8D09-45D1-80B4-41EECEF6C31C.jpeg

I have been seeing big #'s for salvage Toy's,  one guy claimed that V6 were going for $3000 salvage.  Seems too high but never know.

How long is the new rig? I had a Vortec 7400 in my midi Class A 9-10 MPG at Toy speeds. So gas on a trip is more. But there is more space inside, bigger waste n water tanks, a more relaxed engine RPM  AND you can have a Towd with no problem.

Downside :rolleyes: of more space and more water is longer vacations

6 hours ago, WME said:

How long is the new rig? I had a Vortec 7400 in my midi Class A 9-10 MPG at Toy speeds. So gas on a trip is more. But there is more space inside, bigger waste n water tanks, a more relaxed engine RPM  AND you can have a Towd with no problem.

Downside :rolleyes: of more space and more water is longer vacations

It's not that much longer then my toyota was,I havent measured it but the model # was a 22r Minnie Winnie so I'm guessing around 22'.I was so dissapointed in the mileage of my toy that I'm not gonna worry that much about it.Best I got in my toy was 11 mpg and I'm guessing this one will get around what you said,9-10.I loved the ease of the driveability of the Toyota but this one is not bad either.Drove it to physical therapy and the dentist this morning and was able to park in normal parking spaces,plus now I have power when I need it and I wont have to worry about towing my toys,generator is a lot quieter inside also,its an Onan MicroQuiet 4000.

It's been raining the past 3 days so I've been able to check for leaks,of course theres one dripping from the lower right corner of front cab window:angry:Other than that I havent found any other problems so far(knock on wood:sorcerer:}

IMG_1488.jpg

IMG_1489.jpg