Warning light problem

Gail Rezai

I have 1985 Sunrader, just back from Toyota.  They fixed engine problems but said isolator wasn't working.  We changed to new isolator with 40 amp circuit breakers.  Truck holds charge but warning lights come on for charge and brakes at high rpms.  Does anyone know what could be wrong?  Thanks.

Alternator?? Also just for grins check the level of brake fluid in the master cylinder

Edited by WME

• 1 year later...

I had this happen to me this past friday on my 1990 box truck. My belt looked like a piece of floss when I inspected it. I had the alternator tested at the local auto parts store and it came back healthy. New belt solved my problem.

Same, I had weird charging issues and replacing the alternator fixed the weird lights issues.  I think there is likely bad/weak diodes in the instrument cluster causing some electrical back feeding.

My alternator belt was also so skinny I was sure they had given me the wrong size belt when they handed me the new one.  

Replace your isolator.  They are pretty cheap on Amazon.   

• 5 months later...

My brake lights have been temperamental, as well as the indicator light on the dashboard. Now the brake lights are not working at all, after I replaced the alternator and Battery.  Basically the electrical system is only the brake lights the turn signals on the reverse indicator, the engine, and the headlights. There's nothing else that needs wiring.  I'm thinking I should just rewire the whole thing