Fresh water connection

James78

I don't think anyone could tell you if it's doable without seeing it. Ya know I never use the city water hook up. That puts your water system always under pressure and those are really old plastic pipes. Spring a leak and it's floodsville. I only use my gravity feed to my tank and I don't leave my pump on all the time. Only when I need water. My friend Tony has lived on a boat or a motorhome his entire adult life. He's the one who recommended no city water to me. Put the cap back on and forget about it.

If you must use it are the threads still there on the opening? If so there are lots of hose type adapters at your local hardware store. If no threads left check same hardware store for PVC hose adapters. Might be something you can glue into yours that has correct threads on the outside and a cap to fit. Might stick out a little more

Linda S

Also make sure you have a water pressure regulator attached to your hose if you must use your city water intake. If not the water pressure from the city water hookup will probably explode you old plumbing. I agree with Linda. I've never used mine. Too much risk!

I agree with Linda and Markwilliam.  When I first got my Toyhome many years ago, I hooked a hose to that same fresh water inlet and promptly blew the shower hose off its fitting on the sink.  The pressure also caused many leaks throughout the whole plumbing system.  Cap that little puppy off and forget it!

John

I often have my Sunrader connected to city water thru such an inlet, but I always use a pressure regulator. Bc when I didn't it blew out the old shower head. ? 

I am a member of pump out of the water tank when at a Park. I just refill the tank as needed. However I leave the pump on all the time, its a pia when you use the potty in mid travel and forget to turn the pump on.