87 DOLPHIN

DLust

HI, new to the RVing world. Have the opportunity to get a 4 cyl Dolphin with 46k miles for $7k. I don't have a lot of details (not listed, for sale by the side of the road). It does not have an alternator or cabin AC. Does it seem like a good deal, provided everything works? I realize it may need new tires/rubber replaced. It does have 6 lug rear axle.

Appreciate all the advice in advance.

DL

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

- If you plan to spend most of your time with campground hook-ups, you don't need a generator.

- If you don't plan to go where it's hot, you don't need A/C. If you do, then you'll need a generator to run A/C.

- If you don't need A/C, many live quite happily with a combination of propane and solar power and no generator.

As for the price: It doesn't sound like a screaming deal. Remember, peak buying season is over and prices will continue to fall from here until next Spring. :)

If it has no water damage and is not rusty underneath and runs good offer $6,000, or $5,500 if it needs tires...looks nice but check good for water damage. Tap with your knuckle around vents, ceiling by walls and top of walls, around windows...should hear sharp rap sound if good, dull thud if soft from water damage. Check floor for softness caused by water. Check the date on tires...they may have good thread still, but if over 7 years should be replaced anyway.

Edited by RVdaytrader

Thanks for the advice. They had been asking $9800 so I thought $7 was some pretty savvy dealing on my part. Will look it over for the above.  Thanks again!

And remember if you do want roof AC will it set you back Big Bucks even without a genny!

For $9800 you can buy a 91-92 with a V6 in nice shape with everything. Yeah they are a "cult" MH but he  in my opinion is over the top even at 7 grand.

• 3 weeks later...