Changing fuel pump

Tony D.

My camper is a 1985 Escaper.  The fuel pump is inside the gas tank.  Has anyone had experience changing these.  Is there a access panel to get to this or do you have to take the gas tank out of the camper.  Any advise would be appreciated!

I have discovered that right above the tank is metal plate welded to angle iron that anchors the swivel chairs in the camper. The metal plate runs the full length of the tank.  I believe that on this model I will have to drop the tank.

10 hours ago, Tony D. said:

I have discovered that right above the tank is metal plate welded to angle iron that anchors the swivel chairs in the camper. The metal plate runs the full length of the tank.  I believe that on this model I will have to drop the tank.

I do not have the metal plates above the tank, but would not put in an access panel for tank, go figure.  I can relate to not wanting to crawl around under there, once I get down there it is ok, it is getting back up :o

Unfortunately I just filled it with gas right before discovering the need to take tank down and change pump.   I talked with a Mechanic a couple days ago and will probably go that route.  I not only have trouble getting back up when I lay down under a vehicle I will invariably develop equilibrium problems.