Doable but took me 2 hours without removing the overhanging intake.

Removed about 7 hoses and unscrewed 1 intake port, 12mm. Neither my wife nor I could even touch the pcv valve, very tight space. Changed it with 12 inch curved, straight, and 90 degree tipped needle nose pliers. Patience is a must. Harder to get new valve tapped in than remove old one. Held it with the curved needle nosed and tapped it's handle, well lubed.

Did not remove or replace the grommet which I would have done if overlying intake was removed. Did not want plasticised fragments falling into the valve area. The old valve seemed ok, just like the new, so this may not get rid of my lean (or is it rich) (25) mixture check engine light. Replacing the o2 sensor did for 2 weeks, then it came back.(really easy by the way) Engine runs great, I just don't like the light on.

IMG_20170816_173805031.jpg

I had the code 25 also, but I had a misfire which turned out to be one of my fuel injs. After replacing injs no more code, whether that would help you is a crapshoot.

Before I diagnosed the fuel injs I was wondering if my PCV valve was bad, I could not get to mine either, seems impossible to get in there. For the 2 hrs you spent doing yours I think you could have removed the plenum and changed out the grommet also, that's what I did when I replaced injs. It was my first time ever to take a plenum off, a lot of the hoses I left hooked up and I hooked the plenum up to some bungee cords to hold it in the air out of the way. I believe I watched this youtube video to help me.

Thanks for the ideas and comments. I'll try the mass air flow sensor. Hope it's not an injector, doesn't seem to be missing, bit certainly could be considering the age. Appreciate the video and service manual diff dx,

Any ideas where the engine ground bolt would be located?

On 8/17/2017 at 11:28 AM, odysseybernard said:

Thanks for the ideas and comments. I'll try the mass air flow sensor. Hope it's not an injector, doesn't seem to be missing, bit certainly could be considering the age. Appreciate the video and service manual diff dx,

I'm sorry I do not

On 8/17/2017 at 0:28 PM, odysseybernard said:

Can't really help you either, but there's nothing to stop you adding another one in a conspicuous spot so that you can easily check it in the future. There's no such thing as too many grounds! :)