Winnebago Warrior/Itasca Spirit Plumbing Repair

Noticed water under stove area. There are 2 "headers" (Winnebago terminology) where 4 lines connect and a winter drain valve exists.  2 sets (hot / cold). Could not see source so I decided to "exercise" drains.    OOPS!   This camper has spent every winter in Florida - doubt those drains were ever "used". After popping the valves, they would not reseat.  The pictures show what I made to replace the old "quest" fittings.  Apparently "quest" was the mfg of the grey plastic plumbing used (per hardware store guy who claimed knowledge and per a RV dealer parts person who also sang the same story).

I had to remove "header" (I would call it a manifold) and replace with 2 tee's connected together. 

After getting it all done I then realized the leak was coming from the shower connections - so more fittings!  Now the shower faucet itself is leaking, so that is next.  At least that leaks into the shower and stops when the system is now pressurized.

First pic: "before"

pic 10:23 shows original shower fittings

pic 10:39 shows "after" --  Red tag show replacement part descriptions

pic 10:29 shows what I had to cut off the end of each quest line after backing off the nut

I guess I hit pic limit - will try to add more in reply

BTW, I bought the parts at a true value hardware store. Salida CO - 6.99 for each T. Bought shower fittings in Buena Vista True Value - about $5 each. Also saw the T's for a buck less.  

Used a section of "shark bite" tubing to daisy chain the 2 Tee's. About $3.

20170810_140648PlumbingBefore.jpg

P1250761.JPG

P1250769.JPG

P1250765.JPG

Edited by DanAatTheCape

Yeah i had same problem. Looks like you just bypassed the drain valves. Looks like I never updated my thread. I had exact same setup as yours but bought replacement valves also {very similar to Darrel's in my thread} and installed them where old ones were. Also, that hose was very hard to get over fittings, a trick I learned was to heat the end of the hose up a little bit with a lighter to soften them up and they slid on a whole lot easier.

IMG_9325.JPG

There wasnt any hot water piping when I started. In pictures, I only see this one kind of pipe. The grey one. Is there a difference between the hot and cold water pipes or are they the same here. thanks.

1 hour ago, neubie said:

There wasnt any hot water piping when I started. In pictures, I only see this one kind of pipe. The grey one. Is there a difference between the hot and cold water pipes or are they the same here. thanks.

They are the same.

Update: the shower is no longer leaking.   Guess a piece of plastic or other debris from the lines where I cut the flared ends from the old quest installation had stuck in the shower valve and since then moved on thru......

• 1 month later...

Thank you both for the info. I have 1993 Winnebago Itasca, Same problem.

I removed the pull ring on the winterizing valve and pushed it out of the bottom of opaque down tube.  I found 3 o-rings,  thought how hard could it be to find new ones. "WRONG" there are as many o-ring  ID / OD  and  more thicknesses as there are people on earth,  probably more!

Heading down to Ace to get the parts you listed. I will have to add the valves that redskinman used.  Where I live we get as hot as 116 summer and  20 - 30 winter. 

Hey check under your couch if it is like mine there are 2 more winterizing valves there.

Thanks

On 9/30/2017 at 5:12 PM, RVRICK said:

Hey check under your couch if it is like mine there are 2 more winterizing valves there.

Thanks

I did think about those - so far I have decided not to touch!  LOL

I have those in Grannie. Like Linda I only use the pump to drain my tank. My drain valves are 31 years old and I'm not about to touch any of them now!