Zep use?

Donnie

I'm sure that this has been covered  a dozen times, but I'm a bit unclear, pun intended, on the use of Zep floor wax on ALL surfaces..   I painted my Chinook 3 years ago.. Complete cab &  cabin.

There are a couple of areas that were masked, lightly sanded & painted on the cabin to match the paint on the truck cab..  So the  composite material of the cabin  has some areas of newer paint.

Are you folks that are Zepping your rigs doing cab & cabin......  or only using this on the composite bodies &  using  an auto body conventional   wax  on the cab?

Can or would you use this on a newer painted cab..??...  I am unsure as I see this mostly used for restoring rig's that have been pretty much neglected..   I am not looking for an EZ out... & have no problem using 

a conventional polish........ I am open for suggestions, if an auto polish is recommended....... there are SO MANY polishes out there...   what to use?..   :unsure:

I tried to send a photo, but NO GO......... there are photos of my Chinook on this site somewhere, but I can't find them.......................... let 'er rip,  Donnie

Hey Al! Didn't know you zepped your rig. Have a picture? Going down to hunkamans place today to help Zep his Winnie!

mark came to my place and "schooled" me on the step by step for zep. my 92 warrior has the solid fiberglas side panels. although in really nice shape, once we were finished with the zep process the rig is fantastic looking. applied 6 coats. I will post some before and after pics soon. as far as I know, the zep is only used on fiberglas, not metal. a big thank you for mark's assistance. joe from dover.

59 minutes ago, hunkaman said:

I will post some before and after pics soon

Looking forward to seeing these photos. You two should pop out to Bainbridge once I'm back in town and help me Zep my rig. :lol::P

We stripped the gel coat off Joe's Winnie before applying the Zep. Looks better than factory new. Amazing!! Good to know about a product for metal. I wonder if it would work for people's aluminum siding?

Edited by markwilliam1
error

Always a skeptic, I find it hard to believe that ZEP has not been tested on Gelcoat and paint. ZEP also has an automotive Division and I'd suspect that if ZEP felt comfortable recommending the floor polish (or a reformulation of it) that they would offer it for sale for that use.

Paint is paint*. If ZEP works on painted fiberglass, it'll work on paint on aluminum or steel. People who have ZEPed their fiberglass RVs will have also have ZEPed the painted metal doors and painted stripes.

*Yeah, I know there are lots of different paints.

You are correct Derek. When I applied Zep to Grannie I used it on all the metal areas also. The metal covers and even the metal window trim. We did the same with Joe's Winnie. I didn't do the cab. Just old fashioned wax there.