Parts/project Sunrader Near Portland

Kale

I haven't been on here in a while. Long story short, after traveling and living in my rig for about 6 months I settled down in Portland. When I went to take it out again this summer it would no longer go into reverse. I'm told the transmission needs to be replaced and was quoted 4.5k. I have no doubt that I could get it running again for cheaper if I were willing to put in some effort, but I'm not. It's got number of other problems, I live in the city with no space to work on it, and I'd rather not pay the insurance and storage fees anymore.

I figured I'd see if anyone here is interested.

1985 21' Sunrader

Rear dinette

Automatic Transmission

1-ton axel

The problems (that I'm aware of/can think of):

• Transmission issue.
  • Exhaust is rusted and needs to be replaced.
  • PVC pipe from gray water tank broke off. (still have the pipe)
  • Kitchen sink tap is broken, probably needs to be replaced.
  • Tires should be replaced soon.
  • Body rust on cab.

The good:

• Engine was replaced with a rebuilt one from Toyota Engines in Springfield, OR, maybe a couple hundred miles on it.
  • Composting toilet. (They're $1000 new.)
  • 2x100W solar panel setup.
  • 100AH AGM house battery.
  • New converter (much quieter than original).
  • 1000W (2000W peak) inverter.
  • Decent stereo.
  • Larger 3-way refrigerator.
  • Back-up camera.

I'm probably forgetting some details, feel free to ask about anything I missed.

I don't have any specific price in mind, I expect to make someone a good deal.

Hi Kale, I had my transmission rebuilt by Transmission Exchange http://www.txchange.com/

Right there in Portland. It cost $1500 plus I added their biggest transmission oil cooler. My local shop took it out, shipped it there and back and put it in, put in 8 quarts of synthetic fluid, added the cooler for $640. Same deal with mine, I lost reverse.

Edited by Lee & Joan
add text

• 1 month later...

To all, I ended up being the lucky one to acquire this from Kale.

i too have been off for quite some time, after practically giving up on my Dolphin, due to siding separating, and feeling that it just isn't worth fixing. I'll be swapping the trans out of the Dolphin for now, as I'd bought the Dolphin with a bad engine, and almost three years later, still haven't gotten around to putting the used engine I bought from a Lexus tech friend of mine. 

Kale has done a number of nice mods, as he's listed above, but the coach is rough. 

My future plans are to put a 1UZ V8 in it, along with the much stouter A340E trans, which I'll be picking up next week. 

Kale, thank you!

IMG_3322.JPG

Edited by a2ndopinion
Added pic