Door Handle Light

N-Hubb

I have attached an image of what i am talking about. Basically I am trying to figure out what to search for in order to find another one of these lighted door handles. If any of yall have information for where i might find or what i might search for in order to find another one of these lighted handles i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!!

20170802_131712.jpg

Hey N, I have the exact same light. Don't throw it away as they don't make them anymore! They were made by a company called Reflect-O-Lite which was bought out by Bargman. Bargman changed the dimensions so their light is smaller. Yours can be refurbished. Take it out and clean everything,  clean the switch and contacts. Replace the bulb holder. Possibly repaint the inside. They are really nice metal lights with a strong entrance handle. What you won't find is the lense cover. Not made anymore either. You can make one to fit. Be creative. I found a amber trailer light lens that fit. Had to modify it a little. Drilled a small hole in the lens cover and ran a zip tie through it and the little screw hole on the handle to secure it and a little glue. All the lens covers you see on eBay or Amazon won't fit! The trailer lenses are common. Good Luck!

So found one at an airstream supply place and it had the newer lens type that is still replaceable. Very reasonable price so if they really have it get it

http://airstreamsupply.com/Airstream-Motorhome-Parts/handle-lighted-airstream-motorhome

Or see if these people will ship you one of the super cool ones from Australia

https://camec.com/camec-led-grab-handle-chrome.html

Linda S

Your the Master of Searches Linda. Do you think that would fit the larger cutout? Much easier than refurbishing!

The Bargman lens Won't fit and the entire assembly is smaller than the original! Don't know about that lens on Amazon.

Cut out is the same size. I upgraded mine years ago from posters pic to the supposed Airstream model. Looks like the recessed area on the Airstream model is missing but his will fit. Can't see if the lighting socket is present but should be. easy to tell the right lens. If it doesn't have a screw hole it's the newer style. You will never see one with the screw hole anyway. Now on this Australian one. I may just have to see if they will ship. They look so cool

Linda S

just found this one too. it is larger than the bargman ones and requires some cutting

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/progressive-dynamics-lighted-assist-bar-01234-/391760915458?hash=item5b36c52c02:g:7qUAAOSw5UZY-ibo

Dang! You guys are amazing! Thank you so much for the information. I am going to start checking out the links yall provided now!!

Thanks again!!!!!:D

Sorry, not the same and won't fit the old Reflect-L-Lite handle. I know I bought one. To know if you have the old style handle it has a little screw hole that was used to attach the lens. Buy what you want though and Good Luck!  BTW you can see the little screw hole on the picture N posted that was used to attach the lens by the light switch.

Mark is right. I used to have an old screw lens style but upgraded to the no screw before Bargman discontinued that style porch light. I did put the Progressive dynamics one with the amber lens in my Nissan. Was kind of a pain cutting out the hole but might not be on non Sunrader campers

Linda S

1987 and up motorhomes with the Bargman porch lights came with the newer style lens. Anything older originally had a screw there

2 hours ago, markwilliam1 said:

Sorry, not the same and won't fit the old Reflect-L-Lite handle. I know I bought one. To know if you have the old style handle it has a little screw hole that was used to attach the lens. Buy what you want though and Good Luck!  BTW you can see the little screw hole on the picture N posted that was used to attach the lens by the light switch.

Thanks mark. Obviously I am without means to test these, have no such appliance on the conquest. just dug up what i saw in hopes it will help someone if not the poster here.

I am thinking of buying a 3D printer in hopes of printing things like this. There are dozens of these plastic parts that are becoming a pain to find. Like the top of the steering wheel cover for an 86 22re that has cut outs for the gear display!

• 5 weeks later...

I gave up and made my own using aluminum and stained glass.  Really not that hard to make with tools.:D Looks as if it was original.  I made a template out of stiff paper first.  The aluminum looked hammered  matched the handle surfaces. Then bent the aluminum to fit and cut out the windows. Siliconed the stained glass to the lens on the inside of it.  OR  leave the cutting and glass off and leave it solid.  Good luck on finding a lens.

DSC06651.JPG

DSC06653.JPG

DSC06654.JPG

DSC04503.JPG

DSC04602.JPG

DSC04401.JPG

Edited by Homer