1981 Sunrader Battery Isolator

Ethan

Hi all,

Just picked up my 1981 Sunrader mini mobile home about a week ago, planning on starting to live in the beaut for the remaining future.  So excited about everything with it, but yesterday I took her(Sunny) out for a romantic evening with my girlfriend.  We slept out under the stars; but on our way home, the CHARGE light came on.  Looked my truck manual and it said that had something to do with Alternator wiring/function most likely.  When I opened the hood this morning, I found the wire connecting from the isolator to the Alternator to be corroded and when I tried to take off to put in a new wire, the bolt snapped clean off.  (Obviously needed to be replaced!)  

So Ive taken out the old isolator but now my issue is which kind to replace it with?  The writing on the old one is all smudged out and I can't tell which would be best for Sunny.  Any one that has any knowledge of this Sunrader have any suggestions for a new Isolator?  Would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

(I attached some photos of our little adventure just for fun) Thank you again in advance!

Ethan

IMG_2488.JPG

IMG_2496.JPG

I replaced my isolator with exactly the same kind. This one

https://www.amazon.com/Tekonsha-7001-Terminal-Battery-Isolator/dp/B002OQXIS4

Don't know why Sunrader used the 4 pole for a separate ground because it's grounded where it's mounted on the firewall but guess you can never have too  many grounds

Linda S

Yes Blu you can tell that girl is beautiful even from the back

It should be at least a 40A isolator thru a 40A fuse. Not sure where you are but I removed mine and replaced with a 500A isolator so yours for free if interested. Mine came from 1990 Itasca Spirit and in a good shape. However I doubt that this issue is related to the battery warning light. Please check your alternator and/or charging circuits