HELP PLEASE - Hankook RA08 or Hankook RA18

new RVowner

Bought 6 Hankook 185r14 8ply 65psi 1800+ load rating tires and have them on my mini for a few years now.

We had a tire get a flat (darn screws in the road) and need to replace one.

Is there any difference to these tires and can I put one of these RA18's on the dually (rear) without any problems?

Here are the pics for each tire, And they seem to have the same specs.....

08.jpg

08 1.jpg

18 1.jpg

18.jpg

The RA08 was an all season tire. Hankook the manufacturer describes the RA18 as a summer tire. The tread is not as deep as the earlier ones. I don't know if it would cause any problems but I bet the guys here do

Linda S

Ideally, all tires on the same axle would have the same loaded radius. Both the RA08 and RA18 show the same diameter of 25.6". Of course your old tires will have worn a bit. But probably good enough for 'government work'. :)

How about 2 new RA18s for the front, move 1 of the old front ones to the rear and carry the other as a spare!

It is recommended by a major tire company that dual tires should be within 4/32 of an inch tread depth with the tire that has the least thread mounted on the inside.

Keeping that in mind I would second what Derek suggests.     Good luck

4 hours ago, Maineah said:

4/32? were they afraid to say an 1/8"?

Tire guy's they like to do everything in 32's  The carpenter in me had a hard time not reducing that to the lowest common denominator.  Even the tread depth gauges do not have 1/16, 1/8, 1/4 , nope all 32's! 

On 7/25/2017 at 7:31 PM, Derek up North said:

Life's so much simpler in Metric!! :)

You know I am jealous with your system. Having grown up for 18 years with metric; it took me nearly 15 years to adjust!!!