TOY SIGHTINGS

SCRIPAL

Whenever we take a trip in our Dolphin, I am always on the lookout for other Toys out there.  In most instances, I rarely see any.  This year was an exception.  On our way to and back from Montana, I saw three, two of which were in Walmart/Sam's parking lots and one at a self serve gas pump.  Sadly, all 3 were in pretty sad shape and in need of some TLC.  In Wyoming, I spoke to the owner of a Dolphin and he was in the process of driving it home and starting a restoration.  The one thing he was most pleased with was the engine/transmission performance and we all know that Toyota's are famous for that.  Three sightings in a year is a new record for me and let's hope these owners fix them up and show them off!

This evening in the parking lot of a grocers across from the ocean in Ft. Bragg, CA I was pleasantly astounded to find myself parked next to a sweet blue & white Seabreeze Toy.  After my shopping I saw the door open, called "Ahoy, Seabreeze" & was & invited in for a tour!

This '87 Seabreeze with V6/manual tranny is a recent acquisition of a delightful couple, Karen & John, from Chico, CA.  The exterior paint still looks remarkably good, the engine has 96K original miles, & *no water damage*.   John got a kick out of the fact I was parked next to them in my '82 Toyota pickup & agreed with me that manual transmissions are the way to go.  

Like so many, they came to the coast to escape the Central Valley heat & were enjoying the sunny 65 degree temps today.   This is only the second Toyhome I have spotted in my area of late & it was wonderful to meet the owners & be invited in for a tour. 

Edited by Scarlett O'Hara
missing word

I think the "Toy Gods" are starting to surround you Scarlett and bless you with Sweet Toy soon:-)