CL listing

fred heath

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/rvs/6224560549.html

Not sure if this is a scam. Price seems reasonable. But only one picture???????

Edited by fred heath

I don't get it! Why do people do this? I don't have a criminal mind. Do they expect a potential buyer will send them money maybe? 

38 minutes ago, markwilliam1 said:

I don't get it! Why do people do this? I don't have a criminal mind. Do they expect a potential buyer will send them money maybe? 

Huge money to be made doing this.  One of the top scammers has an FBI 1,000,000 reward on his head. 

aaa.PNG

49 minutes ago, markwilliam1 said:

Buyers do all the time. there's a scam post on here that's pinned. A Seabreeze I think that was posted on the internet for years all over the country. Well a teacher in Oregon lost her money because she fell for it. Was on the news. An educated woman. I heard another story about a family who took a bus to get one of these scams. They needed a place to live and lost every damn dime. local people stepped in and helped them out. Ripping people off is nothing new. The internet just gave more opportunities to do it and you don't even have to be in America to do it.

Linda S

Do people send money before seeing the RV? Why?

3 minutes ago, markwilliam1 said:

Do people send money before seeing the RV? Why?

Some people are just plain stupid or do not have any common sense.  Then there are the people cursed with honesty, they are totally honest and expect everyone else to be.

They're getting better. Usually the price is a very low, odd number. I.e. $2009.00 with a printed text number overlaying the picture.

I bet I flag two or three of these ads every week. This $ was close enough to be legit.

I've been keeping a pretty close eye on CL listings lately, since I'm getting ready to sell my Sunrader. Not many Toyota scams lately, but this morning a whole bunch suddenly came out. Also popular lately has been Dodge class B's and a Cobra Seven Seas that is advertised in almost every city.