RV extension cord

Douglas17313

12 ga should do it.

What are you trying to run?. Your cord is already 25' long add AC, battery charger, lighting, fridge and you probably want to bump that up to a #10 just for line loss.

Edited by Maineah

• 2 weeks later...

Standard RV cord is #10AWG rated for 30A for about 20ft. It all depends on your load

At home, I use four standard 20 foot RV extension cords (#10 AWG) combined with the cord that is already attached to the RV, for a total of nearly 100 feet. I plug into a 30 amp breaker. I've had no problems with this setup. Been doing it for years. I run the AC and everything else.

3 minutes ago, jmowrey said:

At home, I use four standard 20 foot RV extension cords (#10 AWG) combined with the cord that is already attached to the RV, for a total of nearly 100 feet. I plug into a 30 amp breaker. I've had no problems with this setup. Been doing it for years. I run the AC and everything else.

If you are using #10 copper for the entire run it is in the acceptable range for a 20 amp load. Drawing 30 amps it won't cut it and things like AC units will suffer so you are probably safe.