Sorry to revisit this topic but search resulted with so many results. What would you recommend tire pressure and airbag pressure for an 18 ft Sunrader with Yokohama load D? Thank you

Thank you I ask because the ride has been real stiff in the back with each bump in the road magnified ... would adjusting inflation of airbags and tires have any effect on this stiffness?

When I got my Toy it desperately needed new tires.  Some here said use 65 psi in the tires.  Without putting any thought into it or doing any due diligence I put in 65 psi. Thought I was going to jar my teeth loose.  Every bump in the road shook and rattled the whole coach.  Quite appropriately described as riding on bowling balls on another forum. Don't know anything about your Toy so would not even hazard a guess as to what pressure should be.  

Air springs take a bit of experimenting, they are great for isolating vibration and shocks.  First the bags should be inflated to level the coach front to rear and then side to side, one side may have more pressure than the other to level side to side.  50 psi is a good starting point for most, you may need more or less.  Too little pressure and you will have sway, too much will result in a stiff ride.   Without checking I think I have 60 in one side and 65 in the other or could be 50 and 55??

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not an expert but I'd say check your shocks and airbags. My sunrader ('83, no airbags) had the same issue, and I when I replaced the shocks, I discovered that the 2 front shocks had completely leaked their hydraulic fluid, meaning that I essentially had no front shocks. I didn't even have rear shocks installed, and I need to have my leaf springs restored. These things are kind of a rough ride but it shouldn't feel like you're rolling on bowling balls. Check over your suspension.

Edited by 256bit