Propane tank and piping question

neubie

I have a few easy questions re. propane piping and use.

1. The propane pipe (just the one) coming out of the tank seems to go under the sink and when it gets there it has three outlets for a water heater, furnace, and oven/stove. Nothing going to the fridge. How does the fridge get its propane in a Toyota Conquest with a rear bath, rear entry. Fridge vent is above passenger side dual wheels. There is 12V and 120V connections there.  Anybody have handy pictures, diagrams of how propane should flow to appliances? Does the fridge get its propane inside the cab somehow or from the same pipe as other appliances or does it get a separate line from the tank since its on the passenger side where as the rest are on the driver side of the vehicle?

2. What does California require in terms of inspection, certification, decals for filling/refilling?

3. I am thinking of adding a fill at home adapter to the system. Right now its just the regulator and then one output from it, I can stick it there. Any reason not to?

Here is a picture of the rusted setup. thanks upfront.

20170710_100917.jpg

20170710_100422.jpg

Hard question every one seemed to have their own ideal on how to run the piping many used "T's" some used black iron pipe as a manifold bottom line they all are joined together by some method. Your picture shows a capped fitting that maybe for your fridge. I don't know what you mean by a fill at home adapter. That tank requires a special adaptor to fill it.

Thanks for your help. The capped connector is for the water heater. In this model, the conquest rear bath, the fridge is to your right on the passanger side as you enter and the kitten in front on the other side with a passageway in between. Relocation isnt a great idea given the fridge vent, which is a gaping hole right now too.

So the choice seems to be running a new connection out of wherever these three spout with a T underneath the coach and have it enter through the hole for it in the floor.

Will I run afoul of any piping inspection etc if I restore this. Obviously I could do a 2 way fridge and leave propane alone but that seems unsatisfactory somehow.

20170711_191440.png

Edited by neubie
add pic

Because you have gas appliances both sides I'm guessing there is a black iron pipe manifold run right down the middle of the MH. Is the water heater on the same side as the fridge? Who inspects gas lines in a camper?  It's all 3/8" copper to the appliances with flair fittings nothing exotic.

thank you. here is the culprit indeed. the water heater, oven, and furnace live together. well, they will when mr water heater comes back. and the fridge is relegated to the other side all lonely.  i wanted to know the size of the copper that comes out.  thanks for answering that question.

do i need anything special to stick a pipe in the empty end facing us and route it to the whole all of two feet away to the fridge? all the other pipes dont seem to care much about protection and such.

All three of those pipes going away end up in the same hole. does it make sense to have one pipe going out of here and splitting into furnace/oven/water heater as close as possible to the appliances. Or is it better this way?

I have no idea about refilling the tank. even how to go about looking yet. there was chatter (some from the canadians) about not filling tanks that have missing stickers and inspections to get stickers and what not. so i asked. goody if all i need is to wipe the rust and give it a lick of paint.

20170712_173318.jpg

I don't know why there are so many pipes when everything is all in one spot it would have been far easier to daisy chain them from one to the next. It looks like there is a brass plug in what may have been the fridge feed. It's all 3/8 copper line with flare fittings a hardware store will have the fittings. The black iron pipe is the main feed for everything.

thank you. i plan on simplifying things and having one line each side here. then a daisy chain for the three on one side. good to get confirmation that's not a crazy idea.