Broken window in coach

KGordon

Stopped to fill up with gas bringing Mosey home for the first time and discovered that the sliding portion at the bottom of the big window on the passenger side of the coach was totally shattered.  Nice station attendant helped me remove the pieces so I wouldn't spray glass everywhere going down the highway, and duct taped plastic over it as soon as I got home. Haven't a clue how it broke, it was fine earlier today, and I was super aware of turning radiuses on the way home.  Only candidate is a gate leaving the place where she was parked, but I don't think it's tall enough.  At any rate, what's my best bet for getting it fixed/fixing it?  RV repair, auto glass shop or ????

image.jpeg

It's flat glass. Any glass shop should be able to make you a piece the right size. Cheaper if you can figure out how to remove the window yourself. Should be spring clips at the bottom of the frame where it slides to hold it in place. Be careful you don't damage the clips. Impossible to find replacements for most old windows so you will need to reuse them. I don't mean remove the whole window. Just the sliding portion that broke

Linda S

Thanks!  I'll look at it carefully in daylight tomorrow.