Rear Replacement LED's

markwilliam1

Grannie has the old reflect-o-lights on the rear. Short of doing the fine total replacement job Lee & Joan did has anyone found a replacement led housing that would fit the old housing? The Bargman' s of course won't fit since they changed the dimensions for some stupid reason!! Perhaps just an LED bulb to replace the incandescent ones? I would like more light output if possible. I've purchased some LED bulbs for the coach but was very disappointed in the quality of them as one or more single leds in the array would flicker or burn out!! Ridiculous for the price! Any suggestions? Thanks!

LEDs are hit and miss. I have been buying, replacing the old incandescent ones for the other car for a while. So far, I have limited myself to drop in replacements.  They run about a dollar a bulb.  For example,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20X-1156-BA15S-22-SMD-LED-Car-Tail-Turn-Signal-Lights-Bulbs-White-1073-1093-1129/122349155060

They are not as bright as a filament bulb, there is a tinge of purple in them when put beneath the red lens/housing. And you should buy orange ones as orange LEDs not these. But they are adequate and cheap.

Edited by neubie
ringe tinge

Thanks! Looking for something Brighter than the filament bulb.

I replaced most of interior and even exterior lights with 36 LED SMD including stop lights, reverse lights, and even signal lights. They are cheap and easy to do. Something like this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10x-Warm-White-BA15S-1156-LED-36-SMD-Panel-Interior-Dome-Map-Light-T10-Bulb-Lamp/262091204674?_trksid=p2045573.c100505.m3226&_trkparms=aid%3D555014%26algo%3DPL.DEFAULT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D41375%26meid%3D69b2af0cce4b406eacb4e0782e1b20ca%26pid%3D100505%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26

Well you get the idea...some marker lights can be replaced with LED with ease and low cost too.

Thanks Nam! I've already installed 3 Optronics LED fixtures inside my rig. I'm looking for Reliable LED bulbs to install in my rear tail lights to replace the incandescent bulbs. Your link was for interior LEDs.