1989 Toyota Ultra body.

Erm86

I am thinking of buying a 1989 toyota rv. It has the name ultra on the body. Trying to learn a bit about the type body it is. Quality wise. Issues. Its v6 efi. I can find all kinds of info on other body types but not the ultra. Any suggestions on what to check out. Its a rear bath, rear door floor plan. Cant find it on any site

IMG_0538.JPG

IMG_0539.JPG

IMG_0540.JPG

The Ultra was made by Gulfstream, the same company that made the Conquest Toyota motorhomes. They have an aluminum frame and both have the corrugated siding you see in your pics. I don't know but I would guess that the Ultra was the higher end model with more added options and nicer fabric and cabinets. As always with the V6 you must ask if the valves have been adjusted. factory service says at 60,000 miles so if it's anywhere near there or over it's important. Costs run $600 and up to have it done and not having it done can mean burnt valves

Linda S

thats great info!  thank you. I can adjust valves myself so thats ok. It has idle issues but i believe i can track that issue down  

This is a conquest in all but the name. I have the same thing (now practically an empty shell) in the same layout, except it says conquest outside and as linda noted they probaby cheaped out on the interior. It has a 4 burner stove though, so presume they all came with options and you could have gotten the same interior options in either one.

Does yours come with any manuals/papers?