Hi all,

The horn on our '82 Sunrader has become intermittent. It looks like the problem is major wear of the metal contact ring on the rear of the steering wheel assembly. There is a contact from the turn signal assembly that rides on this ring providing continuity from the horn buttons on the steering wheel to the horn. Is this ring removable / replaceable or do I need to find a used steering wheel with a good ring? If I need to replace the steering wheel, where would a good place be to find one?

Bill

Very common problem with older Toyota's a very easy way to fix it is put small flat washers under the combination switch. The contacts are part of the switch so the fix would be to replace the switch the spring loaded contact wares to the point it no longer touches the steering wheel ring, or the ring wares either way you need to bring the contact closer to the wheel. 4 small flat washers might costs you 25 cents. Add some thin type of grease to the wheel ring, no it won't affect the operation and it will last as long as the first one did.

Thanks very much! I watched 2 Youtube videos and I think that I can probably repair this thing. This is really an awesome forum and has saved me many times

Bill