I have a 1989 Toyota Dolphin that I recently purchased. Bought it with 50,500 original miles. Engine looks in great shape. Took it on a 3,000 mile road trip after I bought it and it ran strong the whole time until the last leg of the trip it started to 

new air filter, cleaned the spark plugs and distributor and Checked the intake hoses and they are spotless. No leaks or any signs of loose wires or connections

It would not be able to go uphill faster than about 30 mph but then the next minute the power would come back and it would fly uphill at 60 mph no problem. 

The engine gets hot as well on and off. One day it will run hot with the heat blasting and going about 50 mph. Then the next day it will cruise at 60 no problem with the A/C on blast in 108 degree weather.

Also when I start the engine it starts up well and idles well in park/neutral. But when I put it in gear it starts to bog out. 

Don't know if any of these issues are connected but if anyone has any info on what it could be I would love some help.

Start with fuel pressure and fuel flow.  Gotta have fuel to make HP.

get a can of seafoam, that will do the trick. Put half into the gas tank and a 1/4 into the oil and the rest run through your breakbooster vacuum line. Drive it for about 10 miles and see what happens.

If it's a 4 cylinder I have $5 that says the fuel filter has never been changed if it's a 6 I'll go a $1.