No more sewer smell while driving!

Patching up our grey and black water tanks with abs glue/house screen did a lot to reduce the smell in the camper. As well as re-installing a second waste valve between the two tanks that a previous owner deemed superfluous.  But still, there was that familiar and unpleasant smell lingering whenever we opened the cab windows while driving. 

I figured that air was probably being forced down the sewer vent on the roof and somehow pushing those awful vapors into our living space so I tried an experiment. I took the cap off of our sewer vent cover, put a short piece of straight pvc pipe into an 90 degree elbow and stuck it into the sewer vent pipe pointing backwords. All was well after that. 

I'm sure that there is probably a sewer vent cover on the market that already does this and will also prevent rainwater, etc. from coming in. And we may get one at some point, but the roof top carrier over the vent prevents any water from getting in anyway. Even while driving in heavy rain. 

Try the Cyclone 360 degree black tank vent. Around $20. It rotates with the wind and sucks out the fumes. Even while parked. No odors in my rig even while sitting in the hot sun for weeks!

Always helpful WME but the 360 looks the coolest Man! 

Smell inside the cabin is often a leak in the vent system. When all else fails a smoke test can be performed or drains can be securely plugged and the system fill with water from the roof vent.  Likely a good idea to drain and rinse the black tank first :lol:

When you are driving and open a vent window it lowers the air pressure inside the camper drawing the sewer smells into the cabin the weather vane vent caps work really great even when you are parked! Super simple to install worth every penny.  

Just my 2 cents..  I originally had the cool 360 degree model, but, I tarp my rig in the winter, and the "shark-fin" on it cuts plastic tarps really well when you're a one-man-pull over tarping team :unsure::greedy:

That one is now mounted on a fence post at my brother's house as a weather-vane and I have switched to contestant #3, the siphon vent, which works every bit as well moving, or parked.

BR, TG

Good point Toyo! The 360 also sits a little higher than my Max Air vent cover.