i just got my 1991 Toyota Winnebago back from the dealer for the head gasket recall.

Well it was there I had them do the timing belt, water pump, valve adjusted ( shims replaced), plugs,  wires and thermostat.

When I got it back my EGR valve started sticking so the dealer tried to clean ( so they say) but I'm still having a issue.

I need to tap the top of it when it sticks. I looked around for a replacement but they are telling me that the part is discontinued. 25620-65022

Does anyone know of a replacement part?

Capture.JPG

Edited by cliffhanger4

I was throwing the egr code when I first got mine in December,and man that was a long screwed up process trying to find one.Lots of places claim they have it or can get it but I've come to find out they cant.A garage I took it to said they had a supplier in California that could get one but it was 6 or 700 bucks and I said no thanks.After a lot of searching I got super super lucky and I think I found the last one available from U-Haul ebay store.I found an old listing where they had sold one a year ago and I emailed them and they checked their inventory and they had 1 left and I bought it,but it didnt fix my problem.I ended up taking off the egr components and installing a block kit,I suggest you do the same.

This is the one I bought

http://www.lceperformance.com/EGR-Block-Plate-Kit-3VZ-p/1016036.htm

6 hours ago, jjrbus said:

I have not done it but have read about cleaning EGR valves,  Might Google or look on You tube.

He said dealer tried to clean it:P

7 hours ago, redskinman said:

He said dealer tried to clean it:P

Would not stop me from taking apart and trying!  Sam Galloway Ford in Ft Myers told me I needed a rebuilt transmission and a wiring harness $2800, had a leaking vacuum line, $3!

Edited by jjrbus

I'm going on a short 3 day trip next week. When I get back I will try and clean it again before I order one. does anyone know of a good product to use?

Linda the link you sent me would be approx $300 shipped + duty

4 hours ago, jjrbus said:

Would not stop me from taking apart and trying!  Sam Galloway Ford in Ft Myers told me I needed a rebuilt transmission and a wiring harness $2800, had a leaking vacuum line, $3!

:D yep youre right

59 minutes ago, linda s said:

300 compared to the 6 to 7 hundred Redskinman was looking at sounds cheap. Look at this one though. it keeps coming up when I search the part number.

https://autoplicity.com/3570014-standard-motor-products-egv864-egr-valve?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxrKWlpfP1AIVlbXACh2Mmgv9EAYYASABEgIEnPD_BwE

Linda S

I called them,they do not have it.I have already called every online parts house I could find and all major retail chains in my search.Lots of people claimed they had it but when called they didnt have it,I had one local parts house to me say they could order it and wanted 350 bucks for it,I paid them and a week later they couldnt get it after all and refunded my money.Like I said,when I got that one from U-haul I think I got the last one in the USA:o

In my search I also saw that they claim they have them in Japan,but I didnt want to just order one on the internet and see if it would show up but that's up to OP what he wants to do,but If he finds one in USA he will think he has won the lotto because thats how hard they are to find.

If you use the bypass kit for the EGR I'm gathering it won't pass the emission test ? I guess the EGR is different because of it being a 1 ton.

I sent a inquiry to that company in Japan. and it came back as mail box full. So I have created a account and inquired a different way. See what I get back.

Is there any good products for cleaning the EGR out there?

4 minutes ago, cliffhanger4 said:

If you use the bypass kit for the EGR I'm gathering it won't pass the emission test ? I guess the EGR is different because of it being a 1 ton.

I sent a inquiry to that company in Japan. and it came back as mail box full. So I have created a account and inquired a different way. See what I get back.

Is there any good products for cleaning the EGR out there?

That is correct,it will not pass test. I don't know what the laws are in your state but in Texas it's over 25 years old it does not have to pass emissions so I'm not worried about it. I tried cleaning mine from some YouTube videos but it didn't work 

Well I got a email back from the supplier in Japan Linda. They don't have the part anymore either. Discontinued.

I have a valid air clean for 2 years so I may be fine because then it will be 30years and may not won't need it anymore.

I wonder what the difference is between the 2562065011  and the 2562065022 are. They are both for the 3zve engine

38 minutes ago, cliffhanger4 said:

Well I got a email back from the supplier in Japan Linda. They don't have the part anymore either. Discontinued.

I have a valid air clean for 2 years so I may be fine because then it will be 30years and may not won't need it anymore.

I wonder what the difference is between the 2562065011  and the 2562065022 are. They are both for the 3zve engine

I dont know what the difference is in the 2 you listed but in my research the difference between the one you and I needed and the one everyone has available is ours has extra inlet that the coolant runs thru.You could try using one of the other valves available and bypass the coolant line but in my research I couldnt find an answer if that would work or how it would affect anything so I didnt try it.

I see that there is another on 2562065030 or from Standard part EGV870 that says it will work. ( same place Linda Mentioned)

I think I will buy the buy pass kit for now (Cheap fix for now if I need it) and put a watch  on ebay or something.I will try and clean it again.

21 minutes ago, cliffhanger4 said:

I see that there is another on 2562065030 or from Standard part EGV870 that says it will work. ( same place Linda Mentioned)

I think I will buy the buy pass kit for now (Cheap fix for now if I need it) and put a watch  on ebay or something.I will try and clean it again.

Ok  if you do buy the block kit do you need to be somewhat mechanically inclined, I had a hard time trying to figure out where to put everything and the instructions were not real clear. And you have  to remove some parts that are not real easy to get to to take out the bolts and you will have to end up bypassing the coolant line,good luck

I deactivated mine after breaking the tube coming from exhaust manifold (NO smog test in my neighborhood)  When I had it out from the plenum, I found mucho crud - carbon like - washed out out of plenum with carb cleaner.    Plugged vacuum lines to egr valve, installed 10k resister in wiring harness that connects to egr valve (otherwise you get code - 71 I think it was - code does not change performance (no limp mode) but I do not like seeing codes and it was easy to do.