Along with other issue, we identify the rear 3T airbag of our 92 Warrior is slowly leaking.

Other than replaced with the same airbag from 3T, any other suggestions?

Or could the leaking be fixed?

Thanks

Are you sure its the bag leaking?? use kid bubble stuff and check the bag, air hose and the fittings.

Sorry guys, I lost this thread, I used slime and it works but still have to put air in it from time to time , I rather get new ones and don't have to deal with it anymore. 

• 2 weeks later...

One is bubbling out of the top of the air bag.  One out of the bottom of the bag.  How much slime do you put in?  I looked at the slime directions and our application isn't covered.  Thanks.

8 hours ago, collector said:

One is bubbling out of the top of the air bag.  One out of the bottom of the bag.  How much slime do you put in?  I looked at the slime directions and our application isn't covered.  Thanks.

You are not getting an answer as no one knows for sure, plus it is difficult to estimate how much you are putting in the bag. If the bag is  old and showing cracks, better to replace.

I would be more optimistic about a 'fix' for the one that leaks at the bottom. The chances of the Slime getting to a 'top' leak would probably be less, The Slime will just enter through the fitting at the top and gravity will take it straight down, I'd imagine.  It's not like a tire where driving down the road will distribute it.

PS. And you're certain that the one leaking at the top is at the junction of the rubber and the top plate? Or is it where the hose enters the top plate?

Actually the slime will go into the line and maybe some into the bag, until you put the shrader valve back in and air it up to 100 psi; at that point the slime and air will both seek the leak.

Edited by Totem

I am going to wrap some really gooey butyl mastic tape around the top of the one and put vinyl tape over it.  It's a 2228 3M tape.   I'll try the slime on the bottom leaker.  Maybe I'll buy the aerosol tire fixer stuff so i dont have pull the valve.  

Tape and fix a flat will not work.

i did a write up in here on slime and it will work great on both top and bottom leaks; but with top leaks you may need to re-apply a couple times. The key is to get a young buck with a strong grip because squeezing that stuff aint easy. It took all i had to get half a bottle into each bag. Taking out a shrader valve is 10 second job and lets you replace the shrader in case that is part of your problem as they often are. When you hunt leaks spray the shrader too youd be surprised how bad they leak when they get worn. The slime will last a season after season but eventually your bag itself will crack like an old tire and leak beyond what tge slime can do. I used it for 3 summers before i had to replace the 3Ts .. was it worth it? Yup

I would replace the bag if leak comes from there. 30 yr. Old air bag should be replaced. I may be doing the same thing soon

If it is leaking at the top & bottom, it probably will have to be replaced. There are some fittings, but if they are bad you end probably having to replace . I did one years ago - 3t's still has a website but they do not list the replacement bags on it.   They may still have them though. Not that hard to do.

http://3tsrv.com/index.html