Fridge roof vent goes missing

Hi Folks,

We're about 3,500 miles into our summer road-trip at the moment. 2 days ago we noticed that our refrigerator roof vent cover was missing, I got on the roof to have a look and it looks like the base is damaged too (see photos). Really not sure how this happened -  we didn't hit anything that we can think of..

Anyway, I'm wondering how to go about fixing this? As mentioned, we are on the road so if a 100% fix is going to be a lot of effort is there something short term I could do? Could it be worth just taking it to a servicing shop?

For reference, the vehicle is a 1991 Winnebago Warrior, the fridge is Norcold brand. and we are in Vegas currently (in case anyone can recommend a service tech).

Thanks in advance!

Nick 

IMG_7531.JPG

IMG_7532.JPG

Man there is a lot of glop on that thing. as to why it broke, just old plastic. Gets brittle so even the wind can break it. I would google RV parts Vegas and see if anyone has it in stock. You will need the fridge model number. Then ask how much to install. There are a number of mobile RV repair guys on Yelp that have really good ratings but better to buy the part yourself. Then I would get on that roof with a utility knife and start getting the junk off. Your paying by the hour and that will take some time there. At least try to expose the screws

Linda S

Seriously! I got someone to coat the roof for me, and this is how the whole thing came back - not at all what I was expecting. And definitely wasn't expecting a dark color to be used on the roof. It gets pretty darn hot in the sun down here.

Thanks for the tip Linda, I'll hopefully be able to find the part here without too much hassle. Otherwise I may order the part I need to the next stop on our trip.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

All repaired, ordered the parts on Amazon and got them put on locally. It took an hour for the shop to do.

Thanks for your help!

all that is . is a refer vent .you can order one on line or get them from any rv center doesn't  matter what fridge you have .as long as it is vented.you mount them just like you would a roof vent. most are two pieces .one mounts to the roof then the other one just snaps on top of the other one