The Best Laid plans of Mice and Men..

WME

Sometimes there things that happen and result is "not the plan".

We drove a Toyota Escaper for 6 years and were happy with it, except for the limited tanks. The results were 1 day in an RV park and one day at Wal-Mart. Ok for a week to 10 days.

After 3 a week trip we decided we need some thing a "bit" bigger with way more water. Enter a "small" 26ft Class A Georgie Boy. Lots of water and storage. Great for 2 people. 3 days Wal-Mart and 1 day RV camp site. All is good. Several fine 3-5 week vacations.

So we casually mention to the family that for next years vacation we are going to Key West and Disney world and will be gone for at least a month. MIL announces "I like Go". When we go to Hawaii we stay with family so fair is fair. Back to 2 Wallys and 1 campground. A good time was had,

Next vacation is Mall of America, MIL says " I like go", SIL says ME TOO. The camper is not set up for 4 adults. I made a plywood bed that fit on the two front chairs for SIL. We had to set it up each night, a semi PIA AND we are back to 1 day and 1 day.

This year trip is the canyons in Utah and Arizona, "I like Go" and "Me Too" + DAUGHTER are now flying over to go with us. 5 adults in a 2 person camper aint gonna get it.

So a newer/bigger RV is "required" bye bye Georgie Boy, hello 30ft Winnebago Brave with slide and a monster water tank. People capacity is 6 adults, we shall see how we do with with 5. Also because of its size we will be needing a towd soon

Beginning to miss the Toy, 2 people, easy to drive, good mpg, easy to park, travel at the speed of smell, easy to plan what to do with only 2 opinions, etc....:unsure: sigh

Just don't leave us. Your comments and knowledge are valued here no matter what your driving. I don't think I could ever go big but I realize if you want to bring the whole family on a long trip it is necessary.

Linda S

I totally agree with Linda...please don't leave! I've learned so much from you WME. I wouldn't be anywhere near completing restoration on Grannie if it wasn't for you Sir! Thank You! Mark

Not only is your advice so valued but your story writing skills are incredible. This narrative is a great example of your wit and wisdom.

ME TOO !!!

(I don't mean that I want to go along with Mil & Sil) I mean stay with us where ever you go in whatever size rig you end up in,

even if you get a $500,000 ForeTravel...Quad Slide, Marble floored, 100 gallon gas tanked, 120 gallon blackwatered, 5000 watt solarized, 75 MPH (towing a Escalante), Rig