Hello.

I have a 1984 Toyota Sunrader 18' - rear dinette. I don't have any desire to use the shower/bathroom and was considering removing it for extra space or turning it into storage. Wondering if anyone has done something similar or if anyone had any advice.

Thanks,

Tyler

29904964690_95dc85344c_k.jpg

I have always used my shower as a closet/storage area. I put a cooler in it with a plastic bucket for food and the rest for ice cubes for drinks etc. Just open drain on cooler when you need to replace the ice. Removing the toilet/shower will indeed effect resale. 

Iflyfishusingcampgroundshowers

Ah yes, resale. I feel like someone will have to pry it out of my cold dead hands, but it's probably smart to think that way.

The cooler / draining route is super smart, thanks @Iflyfish

OK as far as removing it, DON'T. It's a one piece shower floor walls and is not replaceable and I will find you. I am so done with people messing up MY Sunraders. They never finish the job and my poor babies are suffering. Make it a closet and leave it alone. Your not going to live forever and some reasonable person will want that shower intact. You want to gut something find a Dolphin

Linda Sunrader

3 hours ago, linda s said:

and some reasonable person will want that shower intact.

Linda Sunrader

So true!   Like me and my repair to the bathroom that was turned into a closet by the previous owner.  If I knew the work involved I may have just passed on this one.......nawwww I was buying it anyway.

Edited by DanDanLongDan

7 hours ago, muffduff said:

Hello.

I have a 1984 Toyota Sunrader 18' - rear dinette. I don't have any desire to use the shower/bathroom and was considering removing it for extra space or turning it into storage. Wondering if anyone has done something similar or if anyone had any advice.

Thanks,

Tyler

29904964690_95dc85344c_k.jpg

Did you just buy this from Lennie? It looks familiar. yes I know everyone that was ever built. Not really but did you?

Linda S