New 1984 Dolphin renovation

rhonda

Just purchased an '84 Dolphin and looking for recommendations on restoration parts. We have to replace the ceiling vents first thing and want to make the best choice on our purchase. Thoughts?

Welcome to our forum. A picture of your rig will help members to identifying potential trouble areas.

The big question, does your rear axle have 5 lugs or 6?

6 lug is good. 5 lug is not good.

The rear axle has 6 lugs, so that makes me feel better.  Right now she is kept outside and the vents need replaced immediately to avoid water damage. They are still there, but in really bad shape.

IMG_5220.JPG

Pretty much all RV vents are made to fit a standard 14" square opening (as does the roof A/C). Easy to find. If you've the funds available, you might want to replace one or two of them with vents fitted with fans. 'Fantastic Fans' are a popular upgrade. Lots of air flow without much noise.

http://www.fantasticvent.com/

Or this if you've got really deep pockets:-

http://www.airxcel.com/maxxair/products/fans/maxxfan-deluxe

Derek, that's the fan I recently purchased (Max Fan 7100 deluxe) from an ebay seller for half the price Camping World wants ($349!) If it ever stops raining in Ohio I can install it. It looks Awesome! Even has a remote!

Ha! But shouldn't be too hard find in my little house. I do believe I can reach the fan from my couch without getting up LOL!

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay, so I just replaced the original rooftop air conditioner on my 1984 Toyota Dolphin with a modern mini-split heat pump.  A lot of work, but I'm very happy with how it turned out!