A few weeks back, I posted a question regarding the intermittent flickering of my oil light at idle speed.  Most of the responses I received pointed to the probability of a defective oil sending unit.  Yesterday, I installed a new one and the problem persists, in fact the oil light now stays on without flickering at idle speed.  Once I step on the accelerator (higher rpms) the light goes out but comes back on when I go to idle. Tomorrow a friend is going to hook up a pressure gauge and see what that shows.  Can anyone give me what the pressure should be at idle and throttle?  We are supposed to leave for Montana in less than 3 weeks and the last thing we need to happen is a motor seizing up in the middle of nowhere.  If it is a defective oil pump, better to have it fixed now.    My engine is a 3.0 V6, 89 Dolphin.   Thanks

Oil pump isn't hard, I did mine in an afternoon. Don't know about the v6, but on my 22R it's just removing the radiator, fan clutch and belts, pulling the balancer then swapping the oil pump.