1978 Chinook furnace info needed

Hello all, just trying to save some time by asking if anyone has any idea of what furnace was used in these Chinooks.  I decided to lite mine over the weekend & see how it performed.. Once I got the pilot to stay lit  (thermocouple took too long to satisfy the valve)..  burner & fan/ thermostat worked fine..  the thermocouple is THE TYPE WITH A SENSING BULB & TUBE... not electrical...  I think that the flame is not strong enough to heat the tube...took about 5 minutes of  holding the THUMB  valve in for it to stay lit... I can't see the label on the furnace without breaking the bed down.. The PO said that he never used the furnace as It looks new..  I THINK that I can see an adjustment on the line to the thermostat (a very small screw) in the connection fitting to the pilot light where I may be able to increase the intensity of the pilot flame???   not 100% sure if that screw is an adj. or not..... ANYONE know what I'm talking about?........................... donnie

9 hours ago, Derek up North said:

Your '78 might have a Suburban NT Series. Maybe looking at Google images on the NT12 will lead you in the right direction.

This might help too:- http://www.bdub.net/manuals/Suburban_Service_Manual.pdf

Thanks Derek, I looked at the NT models briefly......  no cigar, they are all electronic models as far as I could tell from glazing over the text.

This is an OLD SCHOOL heater.. I will have to dis-assemble the bed to get to the nomenclature tag to see what I am dealing with

I just thought that someone MIGHT  be familiar with this unit & be able to save me some work.. once I get the model #, I will be able to repair it

the pilot lite models are pretty basic compared to the electronic units...donnie

Probably should have posted this in the GENERAL section, I just realized that this topic gets a very small % of the readers attention...  donnie

19 hours ago, linda s said:

Maybe this will help. Not the NTse but the older NT

Linda S

__Forced_Air_Furnace_Manual_NT-12C_&_NT-16C_From_1978.doc

Yes Linda, this looks like the unit that I have as far as I can tell from the descriptions of various parts..I will try to access the info decal tomorrow.  The adjustment screw?? that I'm describing is on page 12...figure 7...item 27...I think that this fitting has an adjusting screw in it that will allow me to brighten up the pilot flame.. Not sure though......anyone have any comments or thoughts???    thank you Linda........:)