Was wonder if this is any good , it's listed on ebay . My rig is not set up for bags.

$T2eC16FHJHQFFhnqhzI,BSZ-(BVvSw~~60_1.jpeg

i would give it a try , why not. the main thing will be to weld the brackets with a good weld and location; if you do that the rest is gravy; should improve ride height and give leveling abilities that you cant get with springs alone.

Yes Linda  that's the one !  I will have to try it and post back . My work has been doing some cutting back because of some new management so my overtime is being cut out for now . I may have to wait on getting them ,have to take care of other things first . 

We got the load lifters last year and really like them. Apparently, they only have two kits for Toyota motor homes. This one #57115 and #88113 which has an internal jounce bumper. We ordered the #88113 and the install was pretty straight forward except for the fact that I had to cut out the u-bolts that secure the leaf springs because the nuts were so seized with rust. My one complaint is concerning the bracket that goes between the bag and the axle. It's the same one for either kit. It really does look like it was engineered for an axle of smaller diameter. It doesn't fit snugly on there like you would expect. I sent pictures to load lifter and their engineers said it looked fine. So, I just clamped it down with my new u- bolts and it just kinda smashed together. A year and several thousand miles later and No problems. 

IMG_0433.JPG

Edited by Bikemike

20 hours ago, Bikemike said:

We got the load lifters last year and really like them. Apparently, they only have two kits for Toyota motor homes. This one #57115 and #88113 which has an internal jounce bumper. We ordered the #88113 and the install was pretty straight forward except for the fact that I had to cut out the u-bolts that secure the leaf springs because the nuts were so seized with rust. My one complaint is concerning the bracket that goes between the bag and the axle. It's the same one for either kit. It really does look like it was engineered for an axle of larger diameter. It doesn't fit snugly on there like you would expect. I sent pictures to load lifter and their engineers said it looked fine. So, I just clamped it down with my new u- bolts and it just kinda smashed together. A year and several thousand miles later and No problems. 

IMG_0433.JPG

The irony here is that the other air bags from firestone/3T also have a jenky bracket in much the same manner. I did the same thing and also no issues.

BIKEMIKE &WME--what amount of air pressure do you run, same on each side ? curious as i have air bags and not real sure how to utilize them correctly. now i have 30lbs in each. my manufactures instructions state do not go below 20 lbs. any comments/advice appreciated. joe from dover

One of the things air springs are good at is transferring less vibration and such to the frame so a hard bag defeats that.  I use a pressure which keeps the unit level from side to side and is just taking the load off the springs and or keeping the unit from sagging. The stronger the leaf springs the less air that is needed. Usually the driver side of mine is a higher PSI than the passenger side.

If going off paved roads onto roads  that are rough I fill them right up to the max of 90 PSI to keep the rear end up and then deflate when I return to blacktop.

So according to Jim there is no correct or one size fits all pressure and takes a bit of experimenting.  This is only my opinion and how I do it, not expert or professional advice. Jim

After I posted this I did a search, Google is our friend.     https://www.airliftcompany.com/workshop/finding-correct-air-pressure/

Edited by jjrbus

My pressure varies by load. When I head out fully loaded I set the pressure so that the rear is about 1/2" high from level and level side to side. There is no magic.

before I reworked my leaf springs, I ran 80-100 to lift my butt.    After rework, it does not seem to matter much - usually shoot for about 60.

As someone mentioned do not run empty - that will destroy the rubber.

will a small electric air compressor do the job for inflation? i have a small ac compressor i take with me, it is about the same size as one that you can plug into a 12v power outlet. just wondering if what i have will do the job. thanks. joe from dover

I've use a 12 volt air compressor to pump up my air ride for years. I do let us the air springs for leveling and they blow up quickly even with a cheap compressor. First one I got cost me 10 bucks and lasted for years. I now use a Slime air compressor from Oreily's and that one works fine too. Very easy and quick to do.

Linda S

I keep my air bags at about 70 psi and use a cigarette lighter compressor. Since we put the bags in there is a lot less crashing and smashing sounds coming from the back. Less nerve racking. 

so little volume of air is required to pressure up an airbag that one could easy achieve it with a few cursory pumps of a foot pump.

Now the dually tires on the other hand... that's a different story altogether.

I use a small cigarette plug compressor also.  My springs are shot and I can't find a local shop to re-arc them so I may end up replacing them.  My T-9 air bag system makes a huge difference in the quality of ride.  I run about 80 psi to correct for the worn out springs and I really like the ride now.  We would bottom out the springs on EVERY bump before the air bags.  

agree with bob C and have same situation. flattened springs best fix is replacement of said springs. I'm actually thinking Frankenstein usage of Dodge ram ones from a 2500/3500 will need to check dimensions.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I have a problem.  My brake proportioning valve is mounted on the backside of the plate that is close to the air bag . Will this be enough clearence? 

20170627_203857.png

Hmmm, that looks pretty close. My set up is a little different. There is some talk on this site about disenabling the brake proportioning valve once air bags are installed because it will no longer function as it should. 

Do you know how much clearence is needed? Does the air bag expand out ? I can move the proportioning valve over about 1/2 then cut some of the plate to make about 1 inch clearance 

17 hours ago, cjac said:

Do you know how much clearence is needed? Does the air bag expand out ? I can move the proportioning valve over about 1/2 then cut some of the plate to make about 1 inch clearance 

Yes, they expand. This is what mine look like when they are blown up. 

IMG_1424.JPG

Wow that gets big. I'm going to have to figure out something to make some clearence for the bag .  What air pressure does that have in it?  I see that your proportioning valve is mounted to the frame where mine is mounted to a plate that is welded to the frame.  I will take a picture and post it .  

22 hours ago, cjac said:

Wow that gets big. I'm going to have to figure out something to make some clearence for the bag .  What air pressure does that have in it?  I see that your proportioning valve is mounted to the frame where mine is mounted to a plate that is welded to the frame.  I will take a picture and post it .  

The bag has about 70 psi

1 hour ago, Derek up North said:

Can you guys confirm that you're both using the same kits from Firestone or Airlift just in case we're comparing apples and oranges?

Good call. No, not the firestones. Load lifter 5000 (air lift) is what I have pictured. 

Edited by Bikemike